date night

a/n: hey guys hope you enjoy this one shot! I was worried I wouldn't get it up in time but here I am! this one shot is a request from my 'momma' on instagram ari200112 I hope I made it how you wanted it and it's all you hoped for! check the a/n and the end for more info!

Mike's POV

I had been planning this day for months. Today would be mine and El's first real date. Sure we've hung out without the party before, but every time Hopper won't leave us alone. That's why I've planned this all out.

I've talked to El about the plan and she's all for it. She doesn't know where we are going because I wanted it to be a surprise, but she does know that we are going to sneak her out of the cabin without Hopper noticing. And she knows this is a date.

The date was tonight so I just had to make one last phone call. Well more like a supercom call. I twisted the dial, getting myself to the right channel. "Lucas? Are you there? It's Mike. I need to talk to you." I say into the walkie.

A couple seconds later Lucas answers. "Yeah, I'm here. What's up?" he asks. "Well, I need a favor." I tell him hopefully. "Okay. What's the favor?" he asks suspiciously. "Well I want to take El on our first date, and in order to do that I need to sneak El out of the cabin." I explain to him.

"Awwww Mikey is going on his first date!" he exclaims in a girly tone of voice. "Lucas. Stop." I deadpan. "Okay...Okay. Sorry." he says as his chuckles subside. "So what do I have to do with this?" he asks confusedly. "Well I was hoping that you could cover for me." I tell him.

"Cover for you? What do you mean?" he asks. "You know. I need you to cover for me. I need you to make sure Hopper doesn't find out." I explain.

"And how am I supposed to do that?" he asks incredulously. "Can't you just like distract him or something?" I ask. "Mike, how do you expect me to distract the chief of police for more than five minutes?" he asks with a chuckle.

"Okay I know it sounds like a stupid idea but couldn't you figure something out?" I ask. A couple moments of silence pass by when an idea pops into my head. "Hey do you think Max could help?" I ask.

El and Max have become good friends throughout the time El has been back. Maybe I could ask her to help. "Um, I don't know. Why don't you ask her."

The next thing I know I'm hanging up on Lucas and calling Max. She answers with her signature, "What do you want Wheeler." I explain to her the plan and ask if she will help. She reluctantly agrees and the plan is set.

El's POV

Mike said that there has been a change to the plan. I honestly don't care, all I care about is that I get to go on my date with Mike. He explained the plan to me and it sounds like it might work.

Me and Max are going to pretend to hang out. She'll come over to the cabin and we will go in my room. I'm allowed to shut the door when it's just Max. Then when we are in my room I will climb out through the window, and go meet Mike at his house.

Max will probably just play some music pretty loud to make it seem like we're in there. But really I'll be on a date with Mike and I can't wait.

As soon as the time came for our plan to begin, Max was at my house. "Hop, we're just going to hang out in my room." I tell him. I hate lying to him but I'm tired of being trapped. I want to be a normal girl and I want to go on a normal date with Mike.

"Okay, kid. Let me know if you need anything." he says not looking up from the newspaper he was reading. "Okay, I will." I say. After that we made our way to my room, and shut the door.