movie

a/n: hey guys! I'm so sorry this one-shot is a day late but I promise I'll be back to updating on tuesday next week! thank you to my momma from the triple f's gc for giving me this idea. it's honestly one of my favorite promos ever. hope you enjoy and check the a/n at the end for more information!

Mike's POV

It came the time when El could finally leave the cabin. I wanted to do something special for her, to celebrate. This plan would of course involve actually taking her out of the cabin.

I was trying to think of something I could do for her. Something that would make her happy and give her a taste of what normal life was like. A life without the lab. A life without the monsters. A life without being trapped. A chance to live.

I talked to everyone I knew. I asked the party, Nancy—hell, I asked Steve Harrington for God's sake! But none of these ideas felt right. The idea finally came to me a night spent at the cabin.

El and I were doing our usual, watching a movie and cuddling. This is what we did every night we were together. Considering that El couldn't even step foot out into the public. What better way to introduce El to society than this.

I'll take her to a movie. Yes, it may sound boring, I mean we watch movies everyday. But this movie would be in a theater. A theater with drinks, popcorn, candy, a big screen, and cushioned seats. It would be a small step. Not too overwhelming.

There will be quite a few people, but it won't be hectic. I hope. All they will be doing is watching a movie. They won't be talking, or moving so I feel that this is a great idea that El would be okay with.

Now all I had to do was ask. "Hey, El?" I whispered softly. She slightly tilts her head up to look at me. She was laying in between my legs, her head on my chest. "Yes, Mike?" she replies with her smooth as silk voice.

"So, I was thinking that since you get to leave the cabin in a couple of days, we could maybe go out and do something." I explain nervously. Her beautiful hazel eyes immediately light up. "Like what?" she asks excitedly, slightly sitting up to look at me.

"Well I was thinking maybe we could go to a movie." I say. "A movie? Don't we do that here? I thought we were going to leave." she says with an adorable confused look on her face. Her eyebrows furrow and I immediately go to explain. "Well yeah we do that here, but we could go to a movie theater." I say.

"A movie theater? I've heard of them, but what's that like?" she asks innocently. "Well you go into this big room with a bunch of seats and watch a movie on this giant screen. You can also buy drinks and popcorn, oh and candy. And the best part is, the movies you watch are new! Like they haven't even come out on VHS!"

After rambling excitedly about the movie theater, El completely turns to face me. Interrupting my ramble, she placed a quick peck on my lips. A blush rises to my cheeks as soon as she pulled away. "I would love to, Mike."

Later that night when Hopper came home we talked to him about it and he finally agreed after much convincing. He said as long as we are safe and don't do anything stupid, then it would be okay.

And if I'm being honest, Hopper did pull me away for a moment alone and gave me the whole "no funny business" talk.

I couldn't wait for Friday.

(time skip to a couple days later)
Friday Night

El's POV

Today was the day that Mike would be taking me to the movies. It would be my first time going out in public and I have to admit, I'm a little nervous. I know Mike will never leave my side and will always protect me so him being there helps.