finally

a/n: I know I said I wasn't going to post but after watching the new stranger things coca cola commercial and seeing how in love mileven is, it inspired me to write this. this
idea is what came to mind when I was thinking about what they could have been talking about in the scene. I know this is pretty short but I hope you enjoy this short and sweet oneshot:)
check the a/n at the end for more information!

also, you can watch the video on coca cola's youtube if you haven't watched it already:)

Main POV

Mike was biking over to El's house, pedaling as fast as he could as the tires kicked up gravel. El told him that there was something she needed to tell him and as soon as they had hung up the phone, he was on his way over.

It was about five months since the Snow Ball and El was still kept in the cabin. Hopper and Doctor Owens decides that it wasn't safe yet and that a little more time keeping El hidden would be their best option.

Of course El and the party was upset about this, especially Mike and El. It had been tough to face at first, not being able to see each other when they wanted and not being able to hold each other.

Not long into El's hiding, Hopper finally gave in and started allowing Mike to come to the cabin twice a week. It still wasn't exactly what Mike and El wanted but it was better than nothing.

Things with Hawkins Lab were dying down and Mike thought it was the perfect time to introduce El to the outside world. He had mentioned the fair to her about a week ago and her eyes lit up in excitement. He knew she would love it, however they still had to convince Hopper.

El told Mike that she would handle it and he trusted her. He knew that if she batted her pretty lashes and gave him puppy dog eyes, he would give in. So he left it to El to convince Hopper to let her go.

Mike finally reached the cabin, setting his bike down on the forest floor and making his way to the porch, watching for the trip wire. He knocked on the door lightly and El immediately opened it.

She pulled him into a tight hug and he hugged her tighter. She was wearing a light blue shirt and a short sleeve flannel, along with some jeans. Her hair was down in her natural waves.

Pretty. Really pretty.

Meanwhile, Mike was wearing a yellow shirt, a dark denim vest, and some navy pants. His hair was its usual poofy mess, the humidity of the summer causing it to grow three sizes, but El loved it.

El suddenly pulled away from the hug, grasping his hand tightly, and dragging him to her room.

Over the past couple of months, Max and Nancy had helped decorate her room. There were now pictures adorning the walls and of course Roary the dinosaur set on her shelf.

They had bought her silky peach pillows to go on her new bed, some curtains for her window, and a polaroid camera—all of the pictures she's taken of her and Mike set on her mirror.

El dragged him over to her bed. They both sat with their legs crossed, facing each other. "What did you need to tell me?" he asks a bit worriedly. She gave him no explanation on the phone.

"Hopper said yes!" she exclaims excitedly, yet quietly. "What do you mean?" Mike asks confusedly, not understanding what Hopper agreed to. El grabs tightly onto both of Mike's hands before she continues.

"He said I could go out! That I could go to the fair with you!" she exclaims once again, a huge smile on her face. A smile grows on Mike's face as well as he realizes what this means.

"Really?" he asks incredulously, the wide smile never leaving his face. She nods her head happily. She's so filled with excitement that she can barely hold still, slightly rising up onto her knees.

El has one thing on her mind and she is determined to get it. She slips her hands out of Mike's grasp, his left still lightly holding her right as she moves to set her hands on his shoulders.

They're both still smiling widely as El nears closer. Mike's left hand never lets go of her right that is leading up to his shoulder until her face is only a couple inches away, and finally her warm lips press against his. He lets go of her right hand to softly grasp onto her elbow.

He strokes his thumb across her skin delicately as she pulls him closer. They're both smiling into the kiss, never having been this happy. El could finally leave and they finally had freedom.

They were finally together.

word count: 728
a/n: okay well there you go! sorry it was short but I hope you enjoyed! I advise you go watch the new mileven kiss on repeat to understand how I've been feeling all day. anyways remember requests are always open and they would really help! please vote for this chapter!