valentine's day

a/n: hey guys! I wanted to upload this chapter on valentine's day because it's a valentine's themed chapter! anyways sorry it's going up a little bit later in the day than usual. I've been really busy this week and also sick some days so i had to write most of this chapter today. some fun stuff happening in this chapter so I hope you enjoy! check a/n at the bottom!

happy valentine's day!

Main POV

El had heard of Valentine's Day before. Considering she watched the dramatic soaps every day, she would eventually hear of the holiday. The first time she ever heard of the new word was in early February, 1984.

By this time she was already brought into the cabin. The "Don't Be Stupid" rules already existing and being put into action. She first started watching soaps in the beginning of January, then hearing about the holiday of love in the next month.

It took a while for El to fully understand the concept of love. From what it meant to love and how you showed someone you loved them. At first the new holiday didn't make complete sense to the girl.

Why did people call each other their boyfriends and girlfriends? Better yet, why did people call each other husband and wife?

Why did people buy presents for these special people in their lives? Why did people say "I love you"?

She pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind. Not bringing them back to her attention until she was finally back with the one person she cared about most in the world. Mike.

El soon learned what it meant to love and why they said it. She learned what it meant to have a boyfriend, a significant other.

She finally understood Valentine's Day.

After the beginning of the fresh and new year of 1985, El began to think of this holiday once again.

Would her and Mike celebrate it? Would he buy her gifts and shower her with love and affection?

She hoped so, being so infatuated with the holiday and what it consists of.

Mike's POV

Today was Valentine's Day. I had never had a reason to celebrate the holiday. Always being called a nerd and frogface at school, so what girl would want to be my valentine?

I remember all throughout my elementary school years, wishing I had someone to share the celebration with. I had asked a couple of girls in my younger years to be my valentine. I was always rejected, the girl wanting to be with some boy more popular or better looking.

Now I had someone to love.

The day El came into my small and pointless world, was the best day of my life. Second best being when she came back and out of hiding. I'm sure days like the day when I propose, the day we get married, and the day we have our first child will be added to the list eventually.

I knew El was going to be the most important thing in my life the moment the beam of my flashlight lit up her beautiful face. I knew it from the moment I taught her what a friend was, the moment I taught her about friendship, the moment I kissed her, that nothing else would matter in the small life of Mike Wheeler.

I had never really talked to El about Valentine's Day before but I had heard her bring it up once, when talking to Max. From what I could tell, she really liked the idea of the holiday and I immediately knew that I would do anything within my power to make the day perfect.

I already have something planned for today, and I've already checked with Hopper so all I need to do is gather all of the supplies and head to the cabin in a couple hours.