ice skating

a/n: hey guys I'm back with an actual oneshot! my last oneshot was one but it was really short. I really enjoyed writing this and it's honestly one of my favorite oneshots so far. I hope you guys enjoy and check the a/n at the end:)

by the way this oneshot is all mike's pov

Mike's POV

Today I'm surprising El by taking her ice skating. I've been planning on taking her on a date, but I wanted to show her something new, and I finally decided on what we were going to do.

All I told her was that she needed to wear warm clothes because we would be outside. I also told her that she might want some long, thick socks and some gloves. I was thinking maybe I could take her to get some hot chocolate after to warm us up. I hope she will like it.

It was currently 4:00 on a Friday night. Friday's were usually our date nights. I walked up to the cabin door, using my cold knuckles to knock.

Knock. Knock. Knock.
Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock. Knock.
Knock. Knock. Knock.

After a few seconds the door swung open. I was met with the sight of Hopper and he invited me inside. "She's just putting her coat on." he says. "Okay." I say with a small smile. After a minute or two, El comes out from her room.

She's wearing a pair of light denim jeans, slightly baggy. Along with that tan sweater I gave her, that I still don't understand how she could like it. Either way she makes it look cute. She has her black boots on with some black long socks peeking out the top, and a knit navy beanie on top of her head, her black coat thrown over top.

She looks absolutely adorable with that big smile on her face. "Mike!" she says as she rushes to me and gives me a hug. I hug her back as I ask, "Are you ready to go?" She nods her head with a smile full of excitement on her pretty face.

I already told Hopper where I was taking her and he offered to give us a ride, considering it's still January and there is snow on the ground. Not the best conditions to bike in.

All three of us got into the police cruiser, El and I sitting in the back, with Hop in the drivers seat. He drove us to the ice skating rink, the drive only about 10 minutes long. He pulled out front and I looked over to El, seeing her with an amazed look on her face as she tried to get a better look at where we were.

Both of us hopped out of the car, agreeing with Hopper that he would pick us up at this same spot at 6:30. We sent one final wave his way and started walking to the entrance. We made it to the front desk and told the lady our shoe sizes. She gave us the skates and we payed.

El and I made our way to the benches where you could sit to put your skates on. I could tell El was struggling a bit to get the big, bulky skates on her feet so I offered to help. "Do you need some help?" I asked looking at her as she stared at the skates in frustration. "Yes, please." she said looking back to me.

I kneeled down on the ground, in front of her feet. I loosened the laces on one of the skates, opening it for her to slip her foot in. She slipped it in easily, repeating the same actions for the other skate.

Once they were both placed on her feet, I lace the laces to the top and tied them tight. "Thank you." she says with a smile on her face after I had finished tying the skates. El waited for me patiently as I put my skates on.

When we both had our skates on, we placed our shoes on one of the shelves they had available to keep our stuff. El got the hang of walking in the skates on hard ground quickly, but I knew that skating on the ice would take a bit more time.

We made our way to the entrance of the rink, stopping right in front. "Did you bring your gloves?" I asked. "Yes." she says as she pulls the fuzzy gloves from her coat pocket. I gently grabbed them from her hands, slipping each mitten on with care.

After I finished putting on her mittens, I placed a kiss on her hand to which she let out a giggle. I then laced our hands together and led her to the ice.

I got on the slick surface first, reaching my hands out to help her. She grabbed them, looking a little nervous. "I'm scared." she said looking up to me embarrassed. "Hey, it's okay. I was scared the first time I went skating, plus I'll be with you the whole time to help you." I said with a reassuring smile.

"Okay." she said with a bit of hesitance in her voice. She grabbed my hands tightly, stepping onto the ice. "Okay now just bend your knees a bit and keep your feet in line with your hips." I say as she readjusts herself. "Okay I'm going to pull you a bit. Is that okay?" I ask. She nods.

It went on like this for about a half an hour, me skating in front of her while holding her hands tightly. I led her around the rink a couple times, giving her tips every here and there on how to move her feet or how to gain better balance.

After a while she was getting the hang of it. Eventually we switched positions. I was holding her left hand in my right as we skated side by side. We stayed close enough to the edge so El could use the wall to balance if she ever needed to.

We stopped on the edge of the rink, leaning up against the wall. "What is this called again?" she asked. "Oh, it's called ice skating. Do you like it?" I responded. "Yes, ice skating is fun. Thank you for teaching me, Mike." she said with a smile.

I looked down at her, gazing into her beautiful, hazel eyes. "You're welcome." I say with a soft smile. She looks so cute, her button nose turning a shade of red from the cold with a few stray curls in her face. I lightly brush the curls out of her face.

She reaches up, her fuzzy mittened hand cupping my face lightly. She leaned up a bit as I leaned down to meet her in the middle. She placed a soft kiss on my lips, pulling away with a smile on her face. I kissed her forehead quickly and we continued to skate.

We had about 45 minutes left until Hopper would be here to pick us up so we decided that we would return our skates and end the night with some hot chocolate. We exited the rink and returned our skates.

After putting our shoes back on, we stood up from the bench and linked our hands together. I spotted a small hot chocolate stand in the distance so we made our way towards it. Our hands were linked the whole way there.

When it was our turn in line I stepped up to the counter. "Hi, can I please get two hot chocolates? Oh, and one chocolate chip cookie to share." I asked the man nicely. "Sure thing. That will be coming right up." he said with a smile. "Thank you." I said.

After a couple minutes, the man came back with our hot chocolates and the cookie. I payed him the amount I owed and muttered another small thank you.

El and I found a small table placed near the stand and decided that would be a good place to drink our hot chocolate while we waited for Hopper. I sat down first, then lightly pulling El onto my lap.

For the next 15 minutes or so, we drank our hot chocolate and fed each other small pieces of the chocolate chip cookie. After El had finished her warm drink, she wrapped her arms around my neck. We gave each other a small kiss on the lips and she rested her head on my shoulder.

El was dozing off when Hopper's car pulled up. "El, Hopper's here. It's time to go." I whispered to her. She tiredly lifted her head up, standing up from my lap as she let out a yawn. I intertwined our fingers together and we walked to the police cruiser.

Once we were in the car Hopper asked us how it was and we both replied that it was good. Hopper offered to drive me home and I accepted. When we reached my house, El and I both stepped out of the car. We gave each other a hug, pulling away I grabbed her hands in mine lightly.

"Thank you for today." she says with a smile on her face. "No problem, I had a lot of fun." I said. "Me too. Could we go again?" she asked hopefully. "Yeah, I'm sure we could find a time to go again." I said. "Okay." she said with a smile.

"I'll see you later, okay?" I said. "Okay." she says with a small smile. I let go of one of her hands, bringing my now free hand up to her face. I cup her smooth skin, leaning down to connect our lips in a lingering kiss. I pull away slowly giving on last peck on her lips and then one to her rosy button nose. I slowly move away from her, holding her hand until I have to let go.

"Night, El."
"Night, Mike."

word count: 1607
a/n: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter because I enjoyed writing it. this is probably one of my favorite oneshots so far and I hope you like it as much as I do! remember I update every tuesday! please vote for this book!