sick

edit: this is dedicated to lucastown and dorkywheeler I know you guys said I could only enter one, so I did enter my oneshot titled "caught" but I couldn't decide between the two and I didn't even know if it was allowed to enter this one because lucastown has already read it. you don't have to count both of these and I'm sorry I'm going against the rules but I hope you like this anyway:)

thank you for 1k reads on this book! it is very much appreciated and I can't believe we reached this amazing milestone!

a/n: hey guys! I know I said on my message board that I probably wouldn't be posting today but here I am! I had this idea last night and I thought why not just write it quickly today so I can update. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter filled with fluff. check the a/n at the bottom for more information!

sections in all italics are flashbacks btw

El's POV

Today was supposed to be a day that Mike would come to the cabin, to spend time with me. Unfortunately, he was sick and that plan would have to be canceled.

I'm not going to lie and say I'm not a little upset because I am. I always look forward to the days Mike gets to come to the cabin. I love spending time with him and getting to see him.

I love getting to cuddle on the couch with him while we watch soaps and getting to hug him whenever I want. I love being able to admire his beauty as he stares intently at the screen and I love running my fingers through his slightly curly, dark hair. I love stealing kisses from him when he's not expecting it, he always looks back to me with wide eyes and rosy cheeks.

But that wouldn't happen today.

I'm not going to lie and say that my heart didn't drop when Hopper told me Mike was sick and wouldn't be be coming.

"Mike's coming over today, right?" I asked excitedly as I skipped into the kitchen, ready to eat some breakfast.

"Actually, Mrs. Wheeler just called and she says that Mike's sick, so he won't be able to make it today." Hopper explained as I stood in shock.

"He's sick? Is he gonna be okay?" I asked as tears pooled in my eyes. I know it's probably just a cold but I want Mike to be okay. I can't lose him again.

"Yeah, kid. He's going to be okay, he just can't come today." he says.

I let out a sad sigh as I plop down on my chair, wiping a stray tear from my cheek.

"I'm sorry, kid." he says solemnly.

"It's okay." I say as I sniffle.

After eating our breakfast in silence, an idea comes to my mind.

"Hey, Hop?" I ask hesitantly.

"Yeah?" he asks gruffly.

"What about if I went to Mike's?" I ask with a small smile.

"I don't know kid..." he says letting out a sigh.

"Please? If he can't come here, can't I go over there? I could help take care of him." I say, making sure I use my 'puppy dog eyes' that Mike says Hopper will never be able to say no to.

"Alright, fine. Go get dressed." he says as he rubs his hands down his face.

"Thanks, Hop!" I say as I jump up to go get dressed.