future

a/n: hey guys I'm back. sorry I didn't update last week. I was really busy and not motivated to write whatsoever. I missed writing mileven and I'm really happy with how this turned out. this is inspired by a couple fics I've read over time and I thought it was super cute. it motivated me to get back into writing. hope you enjoy and check the a/n at the bottom for more information:)

Main POV

Mike and El lay on the couch of the cabin in the late afternoon hours. The sun was setting as the clouds disappeared into the darker night sky. They were content.

They did this quite often—cuddling on the couch together with her head laid on his chest and his arms wrapped tightly around her smaller figure.

Today was a day that Hopper worked late into the night. After El closing the gate, he was a little skeptical about Mike being at the cabin with El alone.

After observing and witnessing the sweet love that the two young teens shared, he realized that it was nothing more than an innocent love. They held hands, hugged, and cuddled on the couch—maybe stealing a quick kiss now and then.

Of course Hopper doesn't love all of the displays of affection they share but he came to accept the fact that Mike and El were forever and they would never leave each other's side.

He loosened up on the rules of having Mike at the cabin after having a talk with the boy. Maybe just scaring him a little bit.

El's door still was to remain open when they were alone and there would be no kissing, at least in front of Hopper.

None of them could say that El and Mike had never broken the rules. It was a pretty regular occurrence for Hopper to come home and see them sleeping in El's bed behind closed doors.

It was even more regular for Mike and El to get caught up in the moment and share a kiss. Hopper was sure they would just completely forget he was there, so enamored with each other, if he didn't clear his throat every once in a while.

Sometimes they thought they were being sly, sharing their kisses, but Hopper wasn't deaf enough to not hear the separation of their lips and the quiet, embarrassed giggles El would let out after their short pecks.

And he wasn't so blind that he couldn't see the vibrant blush on their faces when he turned around to look at them, or the scared look on Mike's. He would simply chuckle under his breath and turn back around.

They were grateful that today they could be alone. They enjoyed their time spent together where there weren't prying eyes watching their every move.

El shifted in Mike's arms as she turned onto her side. Mike moved with her and turned to face her. They were now almost nose to nose and Mike tightened his hold around her waist to bring her closer.

El reached one hand up to run her dainty fingers over his freckles that were sprinkled across his cheeks like stars, while he slowly started to run the hand that wasn't under her lightly up and down her back.

"Mike?" she whispers softly, getting his attention. He answers with a hum, encouraging her to continue. "Do you ever think about the future?" she asks as she traces her fingers across his right cheek.

"The future?" he hesitated a bit, not wanting to assume something. "Like our future?" he asks quietly. She nods her head as a small blush climbs it's way up her cheeks. She looks down in slight embarrassment.

A soft smile appears on his face as he thinks about it. Their future. "Yeah, I think about it all the time." he admits sweetly. She raises her head to lock eyes with his. "What will it look like?" she asks him, excited wonder filling her eyes.

"Well, one day, when we're old enough, I'll ask you to marry me. Hopefully you'll say yes." he teases. "The answer is yes. Always." she says confidently. His eyes light up at that.

They had never talked about marriage before but in his mind it was always a given that when they were old enough he would propose and they would get married. Now, hearing about how she thought about it too made him feel light as as a feather.

The most beautiful girl in the world wanted to marry him and he couldn't wait.
He was already saving up for a ring.

"Then we would get married. A small or big wedding, I don't care, as long as you're happy." a smile grows on her face thinking about when they would get married. She would get to wear a beautiful dress and promise herself to the man she loves. Forever and always.

"And then I was thinking we could get our own place. Somewhere outside of Hawkins but not too far. Somewhere that's ours." he explains and she stares in amazement at the future he wants for them.

"We would live together and I would cuddle you to sleep every night." he continues on with a blush. "Promise?" she asks, the phrase familiar on her tongue. "Promise." he says as he places a soft kiss to her forehead.

He pulls away slowly and continues talking. "I'd get to wake up to your beautiful face with your hazel eyes and adorable button nose every morning with you in my arms." he says as he nuzzles his nose lightly with hers.

"I'd give you a kiss every morning when we wake up and another before we leave for work. Then when we got home we could cook dinner or order a pizza, whatever you want, and then we could watch a movie." he trails off a bit at that. The fantasies of what married life with El would be like.

"And then once it was time to go to sleep, we would cuddle up in bed and I would give you a kiss goodnight. Starting our day with a kiss and ending it with one." he whispers the last sentence out, a little embarrassed about how far into detail he's thought about this.

"And then maybe one day, when we're ready, we could have kids." he whispers out as he looks down. The thought of having their own little "Wheeler's" bringing a smile to his face and butterflies to El's stomach.

She reaches behind her back to pull one of his hands, that were worrying at the fabric of her shirt, to rest between them.

"Kids?" she asks quietly as she plays with his long and elegant fingers. She's always loved his hands and how his fingers intertwine perfectly with hers.

"Yeah, two girls. Both with your adorable curls and button nose, with my dark hair. One with my brown eyes, and one with your hazel." he explains.

El couldn't help the gloss that formed over her eyes. The amazing boy in front of her had thought about their future and he wanted
her in it.

"And your freckles." she adds on in an excited whisper. "My freckles?" he asks incredulously. "Yes. I love them." she says softly as she runs a finger over the speckles on his cheeks.

Mike had never liked his freckles. He thought they were ugly and made him look even more like a nerd. But with the beautiful girl in front of him, telling him that she loved them, he was starting to change his mind.

"I want a boy too." she whispers out as she stares down at their hands held together between them. He looks down slightly and she looks up to connect her eyes with his before she continues.

"A boy with your big brown eyes and your dark hair, and your freckles of course." she teases. "I want him to look just like you." she says honestly.

"Even my nose?" he asks with a small snort.

"Even your nose."

word count: 1268
a/n: so I hope you guys enjoyed that fluffy oneshot. I enjoyed writing it and it was nice writing again. I would like to start working on my sixteen candles mileven au. I don't know I'm just feeling inspired so watch out for the first chapter of that book hopefully soon. anyways please vote for this chapter!