study

a/n: hey guys. I wrote in el's pov for a change so yeah. sorry this literally sucks. check the
a/n at the bottom to know why and for more information on how sucky my life is going.

thanks for 2k reads and almost 100 votes:)

Main POV

Mike and El had been studying in the Wheeler basement for most of the day, trying to catch El up on her studies so she would be ready to join the party at school. She was progressing quickly, absorbing all of the new information and knowledge like a sponge.

Mike had helped her so far that day with math, science, and history. El was currently working on some english assignments that Hopper had recently given her to finish.

Hopper, with the help of the party and everyone else, had been homeschooling El for the past few months. She was doing great, picking up all of the knowledge quickly and always getting her work done.

El liked best when she studied with Mike. He would always use that soft voice, that she loved so much, when helping her. He would answer any questions she had and always tell her how great she was doing.

Not to mention he would bring her eggos topped with whipped cream and chocolate chips when she was hungry.

El loved to learn and she loved it even more when Mike was there to help her.

El's POV

I liked doing homework with Mike and I know he likes it too, but I can tell when he starts to get bored.

He starts fidgeting a lot. Always making sure he's moving whether that's bouncing his leg while he reads a book or tapping his fingers on the table.

"El?" he asks suddenly. "Yeah?" I reply as I continue to do my work. "Can we please take a break?" he asks impatiently. "Mike, I need to do my work." I say as I let out a sigh.

"I know, but maybe we could just take a small break and then come back to it." he explains quickly. "I miss you." he says as fiddles with his fingers.

"I'm right here!" I say as I let out a giggle. "I know, but I just want to spend some time with you. Without the studying." he exclaims.

"I want to spend time with you too, but I really need to get this done—"

I'm cut off when Mike abruptly stands up out of his seat. He plucks the pencil from my hand, gently grabbing onto my hands as he pulls me up out of my chair.

He lets go of one of my hands, reaching over to turn on the small radio. A familiar song fills the air, a song we both know very well.

Every breath you take.
Every move you make.

"Do you wanna dance?" he asks as he looks into my eyes, a small smirk on his face. "I don't know how." I reply, going along with it. "I don't either. Do you wanna figure it out?" he asks sweetly.

I nod my head, smiling, while he places his hands lightly on my waist. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me as he wraps his arms tighter around my waist.

We continued to slowly sway to the music, growing closer to each other as the song went on.

I keep crying baby, baby, please.

We connected our lips, sharing a sweet kiss just like at the Snow Ball.

I rested my forehead against his, smiles on both of our faces. We danced for the rest of the song, enjoying the warmth we felt together.

"I told you we needed a break." Mike says with a 'I told you so' smile. "Mhmm, and now lets get back to work." I said as I pulled away. He let out a groan as he followed me back to the table.

He helped me review my vocabulary flash cards, reluctantly reading the words aloud as I told him the definitions.

"Tubular." he reads out. By now he was just making up words for the fun of it. "Cool or awesome." I reply back as I shook my head.

"Mouthbreather." he says next.

"You." I reply with a smirk.

He looks up to meet my eyes, a look of fake hurt on his face as he acts shocked. "Did you just—Oh that's it!" he says as he stands up and picks me up out of my chair.

He carries me over to the couch, laying me down on it before he starts tickling my sides. The air is filled with laughter and squeals as he continues to tickle my sides with me squirming beneath him.

"Fine! Fine! I'm sorry!" I say with a giggle. "That's what I thought." he says as he lays next to me on the couch, wrapping his arms around me to pull me closer. He places a quick kiss to my nose before nuzzling his face into my neck.

"Now, cuddles." he mumbles.

word count: 782
a/n: sorry this is short. when I'm writing this it is my birthday and I am stuck in an airport because my flight has been cancelled. I will be stuck in an airport all day, what a great birthday gift. I'm really stressed out and sad as I'm writing this so sorry it's short and not very good, but I wanted to get a chapter up for you guys. please vote for this chapter and remember requests are always open!