flowers

edit: I've already uploaded this but this oneshots book just hit 10k reads and I just wanted to say thank you for all of your love and support. I am so so grateful<3

a/n: hey guys! I'm back and I'm sorry it's been so long. if you've been seeing my comments on my message board or if you saw my last update then you would know that I have been facing some writer's block. I wanted to give a huge thank you to everyone that commented their ideas on the last chapter. they helped a lot and one of them actually inspired this chapter so thank you. if I'm being honest, this took me a while to write and it's probably not my best work but I'm just happy to be able to write something for you guys. I hope you enjoy and check the a/n at the bottom for more information:)

also, please keep commenting ideas and requests! it would be greatly appreciated:)

and comment what you think or your reactions I guess hahahaha I just love reading your guys comments! they always make me laugh and smile so feel free to keep commenting!

Main POV

Mike had taught El all about flowers a couple months before. He had brought her a small bundle, compiled of different types of dainty flowers. She thought they were beautiful and after asking Mike what they were, he told her all about it.

Ever since then, Mike always made sure to bring her at least one flower every time he visited her at the cabin.

Sometimes he would clip off a flower from his mom's expensive bouquets that she kept in crystal vases, and sometimes he would simply pick one from a bush on his way over to her home.

El was surprised every time with what type of flower he brought. She was mesmerized by how many different kinds there were. Some were big and yellow like sunflowers, and some were small and white like daisies.

A huge smile would form on her face when she opened the door to find her adorable boyfriend waiting with a new flower in his hand. Mike would gently pass the flower to her, their fingers brushing slightly, and Mike's face heating up in a blush.

Nancy had then taught El how to make flower crowns a couple weeks later. It was a day where El was allowed to go over to Mike's house, however Hopper had to drop her off earlier than usual because there was something that he needed to do down at the station.

When El got there, Mike still wasn't home from school and he wouldn't be for a while. Nancy was already home that day and was planning on taking Holly outside for a tea party in their backyard.

Nancy invited El to come outside with them and of course El said yes. El loved Nancy and she thought she was super pretty. That day Nancy had taught both of the young girls how to make flower crowns. How to weave the beautiful accessory with different types of grasses and flowers.

When Mike got home that day, El ran inside quickly to meet him with the crown sat atop her head. As soon as Mike laid eyes on the beautiful girl before him, a smile broke out on his face.

"You look beautiful." he had said as he grabbed her hands gently.
"Thank you." she replied as she looked down with a bashful blush on her cheeks.

El continued to make the crowns as the weeks went on. She would find herself always keeping an eye out for new types of leaves and flowers she could add to a crown. It became a small hobby of hers and something she could do to keep her busy.

This is what brought us to now. Mike and El were outside, enjoying the scenery and warm weather, as well as the mere presence of each other. They sat on a blanket near the power lines behind Mike's house.

There wasn't much talking going on, but they didn't mind. They actually enjoyed the silence. It was a nice break from the chaos that often came their way.

Mike and El both sat quietly. Mike was reading his worn, paperback copy of 'The Hobbit' while El pieces together yet another flower crown.

Mike had noticed her making those a lot lately. He though it was adorable and he was happy she found something she enjoyed. It was also a huge plus when he got to see her smile when she put it on. She looked absolutely beautiful.

Mike went back to his book, letting the words that filled the page, now fill his mind. Meanwhile, El had just barely finished the halo of woven stems and flowers. She looked up to gaze at Mike.

His eyes were still trained on his book as he sat with his legs crossed. El sat close enough to him for their knees to touch.

She had noticed how his hair had gotten curlier this summer. When she had asked him about it, he seemed embarrassed and muttered something about the humidity.

After El told him that she loved it and thought it was cute, he wasn't so embarrassed.

El continued to admire her beautiful boyfriend with his newly curled hair and dark chocolate eyes. Then she had an idea. El knew that Mike would look so pretty in one of her flower crowns.

"Mike?" she asked, pulling his attention away from his book. "Yeah, El?" he replied with a soft smile on his face. "I made something for you." she says cheekily as she hands him the crown.

Mike delicately grabs the flower crown with a bit of a confused smile on his face. He continued to stare at the object questioningly until El spoke.

"Put it on!" she said excitedly. He looked at her hesitantly. "Oh, come on, Mike. Please?" she asked, pouting her bottom lip slightly. "Fine." he replied.

He couldn't say no to her. Especially when she was looking at him like that.

He placed his bookmark at the current placement of his book and set it down next to him. "Here, let me put it on." El said with a smile on her face.

He passed the crown back to her and she set it softly on top of his head. A bright smile broke out over her face as she stared admiringly at her boyfriend.

"Aw, you look so cute!" she exclaimed quietly. Mike's face turned a shade of red at her compliment. "Oh! One second!" El then said as she remembered something.

They had both brought their backpacks that day and El always kept her polaroid camera inside. She pulled out the bulky camera and placed it up to her eye.

Mike reached his hand out to try to block it as El took the first picture. "Oh, please no!" he said in a whine. He knew that if anyone saw that picture they would give him shit for it.

El plucked the photo from the top of the camera, setting it down beside her. "Okay, fine. I'm done!" she said with a teasing smile on her face.

Mike let out a small huff, turning his head to face forward. The shutter of a camera went off and Mike turned to see El sneakily holding the camera up.

Mike gasped, reaching for the camera, but El was too quick and hid it behind her back before he could grab it.

"El!" he let out in another whine. El simply laughed as she looked at his shocked face. Mike continued to try to reach behind her, when El fell back onto the blanket, Mike falling along with her.

Their faces were now only inches apart as Mike held himself over her. "I'm sorry." she said, mirth still evident in her eyes. Mike let out a defeated sigh. "It's okay. Just, please don't show anyone the picture."

"Okay, I won't." she replied. "Okay." he said before he leaned down and pecked her lips softly, letting it linger. He then wrapped his arms around her waist and placed his face in her neck, leaving small kisses against the warm skin.

El was definitely hanging those pictures up in her room.

word count: 1188
a/n: once again, this wasn't my best writing but it's the first thing I've written in a month so I'm a little out of practice. I hope you enjoyed anyways and I'm hoping to start updating every tuesday for you guys again! please vote for this chapter and remember requests are always open and would be very much appreciated. just message me or comment them here:) hopefully see you guys next week!