everything

a/n: okay so I finally got my first request from a wattpad reader! this was requested by @milevendarling! thank you so much for this! guys this actually might be my new favorite oneshot I've ever written and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I had a lot of fun writing it and I'm honestly really proud of it. check the a/n at the bottom for more information!

sorry this is a little late. I had homework:)

edit: I just uploaded this chapter and we reached 5k reads! thank you so much!

Main POV

It was a couple of months into the fresh school year of 1985 and El was finally at school with the party. El caught up on the rest of her studies over the summer with the help of her friends and family.

Of course, she spent most of her time hanging out with her friends and learning what it's like to be a normal, everyday teenager. But she also worked hard on the days when her 'tutoring' was scheduled.

El was doing great so far. She was getting good grades and keeping up with the new material. She was also adapting to her new social interaction and learning how you act at school.

The party had fallen into a routine. They would meet each other at the bike racks in the morning, before school started. Then they would all part ways to go to their individual classes, seeing each other whenever multiple of them shared a class.

Then, at the end of the day they would meet back at the bike racks to ride home together. That's what brought them here.

Everyone had exited the school and were waiting at the bike racks, except El. She usually didn't take this long and nerves were quickly rising in Mike.

The party tried to assure him that everything would be fine and that she was probably just talking to a teacher or she forgot something in her locker.

Mike told them they could go, considering they all had their own things to do and El was quite late. They all gave him one last goodbye before they got on their bikes, or skateboard for Max, and they were off.

It's not that El was one of the last students to be leaving the school because there were still plenty of teens walking out and around the school, but she was still later than usual.

After a couple more minutes of Mike staring longingly at the door, El finally came out, but she wasn't alone.

She came walking out with a boy. Mike watched as the boy placed his arm over her shoulders with a smug smile on his face. He already didn't have a good feeling about this.

But what made him feel even worse was that she was smiling. She was giving her soft and sweet smile to someone else. Some other boy.

Mike watched as they continued to walk out together. He couldn't help but wince at how happy they looked. The boy dropped his arm from around her shoulders and Mike let out a small sigh of relief.

Mike then decided that he would make himself known. He left his bike at the rack and started taking long strides over to El. He finally reached them and El turned to him in surprise while the boy sent a glare his way.

"Oh! Mike, this is James." El said excitedly as she introduced Mike to the boy that was now known as James.

"James, this is Mike—" El started. "Her boyfriend." Mike finished as he wrapped an arm protectively around El's waist and held his other out to shake James' hand.

James shook his hand with Mike's as he looked Mike up and down, examining. Mike pulled away from the handshake and El looked up at him confusedly as Mike continued to stare at the other boy.