snow day

a/n: hey guys, I'm back! I'm so sorry I didn't upload last week. I've been really busy and stressed out with school and I just wasn't in the right mindset to write. I hope this oneshot makes up for it:) I also worked on my sixteen candles au that will be on hold until I have prewritten all of the chapters. so at least I was doing something productive I guess.

sorry if you don't like when I write in mike's pov, it just comes natural I guess.

also things in italics are kind of like flashbacks

Main POV

Mike and El sat on the tattered couch of the Hopper's cabin. It was a Wednesday afternoon. The sun still up in the sky, planning on setting in a couple more hours.

Hopper had work this night, trusting the two teens to behave and "keep their hands to themselves." He wouldn't be back from work until late at night so he has granted Mike permission to stay the night, as long as he sleeps out on the couch.

The young couple sat watching some of El's favorite soaps. They had been doing this most of the day, taking breaks to get food or read a book.

El was currently cuddled into Mike's side as he wrapped an arm around her waist. Their free hands locked together in between them as Mike drew small, mindless patterns over El's knuckles.

They could stay like this forever if it weren't for El having to go to the bathroom. El got up off of the couch quietly padding to the small room, shutting the door behind her.

After El had left, Mike got up to stretch his lanky legs. He slowly walked over to a window that was once boarded up, now replaced with fresh glass and covered by a patterned yellow curtain, as he stretched his arms above his head.

He effortlessly moved the curtain aside to peer out the foggy window. His dark eyes are met with the sight of snow falling over the land of Hawkins, Indiana. The new layer of sparkling snow submerging the left over snow from the most recent storm.

Watching the small snowflakes fall and swirl through the sky, Mike is met with an incredible idea that he thinks El might like.

Mike's POV

The snow is once again coating the ground and I have an idea to get me and El out of the cabin. Not far away, just right outside where we could have some fun.

We have been stuck in this cabin all day and as much as I love cuddling with El on the couch, I think it would be good for us to get out of here for a bit.

I was thinking El and I could go play in the snow. Some people may say that we are too old to do that, but El hasn't been able to experience things you normally would as a child. Besides, in my opinion playing in the snow is still fun.

I am brought out of my thoughts when a smaller, warm hand grasps onto mine. I turn my head to the left, looking down slightly to meet the gorgeous hazel eyes of my beautiful girlfriend.

It feels good to be able to call her that now.

"Hi." she greets above a whisper. "Hi." I say as I lean down to press a tender kiss to her forehead. She closes her eyes and lets out a soft sigh of contentment.

"So, I have an idea." I say as I pull away to look at her better. "Really? What is it?" she asks with wonder in her eyes. "Well, it's snowing outside, so I was thinking we would go play in the snow." I explain.

"Play in the snow?" she asks excitedly. "Yeah, there's a lot of stuff you can do in the snow." I say. "Okay." she agrees.

I tell El what would be best to wear to go outside in the freezing weather. She comes back out of her room in a pair of jeans, her snow boots, a "borrowed" sweater of mine, and with her coat, beanie, and gloves in hand.