alone

a/n: I've been rewatching season one of stranger things and I suddenly had the motivation to write. on the last chapter, somebody requested some mike angst so here's some mike angst with some mileven fluff! this is set after season three and I guess what I write will mostly be set in this time as well.

I'm sorry if this seems a little rusty, I haven't written for this book in a while. anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and you can check the a/n at the bottom for more information :)

please leave some comments about what you think! I love reading your comments!

Mike just couldn't get himself to understand. It was hard for him to comprehend how so much could change within a couple weeks.

Before the evil from the Upside Down came back larger and more dangerous before, Mike thought everything was perfect. El was back with him, safe, and he spent his time with her.

He finally had the chance to spend time with the one person he missed most. He learned that she loved to watch soaps and eggos remained her favorite food. He learned that she had a music taste that simply consisted of Jim Croce, which prompted him to make her as many new mixtapes as possible.

She would always be the same girl he found in the pouring rain, in his eyes, but it made him happy to know that she had developed into this amazing person. Even more amazing than she could already be with her telekinetic powers and strength.

Mike loved that he could finally spend time with her. He could see her whenever he wanted—well most of the time. Only if Hopper was willing to cooperate.

He could finally hold her and show her the affection he had always felt for her. Mike would never admit this to anyone else, but he was also happy that he could kiss her. Of course he was happy he could connect with her in that way. It was a sensation that was only meant for him and El. Just the two of them, together.

However, suddenly this was all taken away. Mike had thought they were in the clear. They had defeated the shadow monster and they had all returned home to their families.

You can only imagine how scared Mike felt when he learned that the problem was back. He chastised himself for taking the time he had with El for granted. How could he allow her to slip away from his grasp so easily? All because he was scared of her protective father.

He regretted ever lying to her. He should've told the truth and communicated with her. Instead he allowed her to be swept away, while he stupidly pitied himself.

Mike began to believe that things were going back to somewhat normal. He had apologized to El and had, although it be accidentally, told El he loved her.

Then once again the rug was pulled out from under not only him, but everyone else. The Byers, along with El, were moving. They were leaving Hawkins and Mike had somehow avoided teaching himself to accept that.

He figured it would be easier, and better for El, if he didn't show how he truly felt. El was already going through enough and he didn't want her to be worrying about him when what truly mattered was her own well being.

He had never felt more in shock when she had turned around, a stuffed animal held tightly in her arms, and told him that she loved him too. She had also gave him a kiss, a kiss he would always remember

After that he had to watch her leave him, again. It was probably one of the hardest things he had ever had to do. Jumping off a cliff to save his friend's life? Lighting the hub on fire in order to keep El safe?

Nothing was harder than watching El leave.

They tried their best to keep in touch. Mike and El had made sure they called every night, but that didn't guarantee that the sadness would go away. Along with the fact that signal was weak and El no longer had her powers to boost it.