arcade

a/n: hey guys sorry this oneshot is a day late, my charger broke and so I couldn't write on my phone but I got a new one and we are all good now. thank you guys so much for 800+ reads! I feel like this book is really growing and I'm super appreciative of that. this oneshot is my absolute favorite one out of this book so far. this oneshot just really inspired me to write and it was super fun writing it. I hope you enjoy and check a/n at the end for more info!

this oneshot is longggg so enjoy:)

Mike's POV

It was another normal Friday, and part of my Fridays was date night with El. Hopper has recently been letting me take El out of the cabin. The day she can finally be free should be coming soon, but for now as long as where I take her isn't too busy or far from home, it's okay.

After much thinking, I have finally chosen the perfect place for this date. I didn't want to take her somewhere we've already been before. El was trapped in that lab for the first twelve years of her life and it's my mission to help her experience all of the things she was deprived of, all of the things she missed.

The Palace Arcade.

This was the place I decided was perfect for a date with El. Every time I mention going to the arcade with the party, she always stares so longingly at me. I can tell all she wants is to be free to go out with her friends whenever she wants.

I once told El about the arcade when she asked me about it.

"Can you tell me about it?"

"Well it's this place with a bunch of colorful bright lights and games. There's games like Dig Dug, Dragon's Lair, and a bunch of others. They always play music and you can get food and drinks. It's pretty fun."

"Can we go there? Once I'm allowed?"

"Of course."

Now that Hopper was easing up on the rules a bit, I think I could take her.

I would be picking El up around 4:00. Hopper always wanted us to go a bit earlier in the day. That way there's less people and El doesn't get home too late.

Last time I talked to El over the phone I told her to wear something comfortable. Perhaps a pair of jeans and a t-shirt.

It was now the summer of 1985 and the weather was getting hotter each day. We still had the chilly nights but other than that it was sweltering hot.

I wasn't really planning on wearing anything special on the date. Just the usual polo shirt and a pair of corduroy pants, despite the hot weather. However I did choose a specific shirt, one with green and blue stripes, that was El's favorite. She said it was something about the color and how it made my freckles stand out against my pale cheeks.

I also made sure to bring a jacket, just in case El gets cold when it gets later in the day.

Now that I was ready, it's time to go pick up El for our usual Friday night date.

El's POV

Friday's are my favorite days. Friday's are date night with Mike. Every single date I've been on with Mike has been absolutely amazing. He always puts so much thought into it. Always taking me places I've never been before and showing me new things.

That's why I wonder where we are going today.

Mike will be here in about a half an hour so I need to get ready. I recently took a shopping trip with Nancy to a mall outside of town. She told me all about what was in style and how to choose shapes and colors of clothes that would compliment my body.