Chapter Ten: Florida

A YEAR AGO....

"Hey Luna you sure you don't want to come. It'll be fun I promise." I said. "Nope because one of us have to plan our birthday trip. Plus daddy don't want me to go to this one, and it's cool because his favorite is going." Luna said. I continued to pack clothes, and then I flopped on my bed. "I'm only picking up a delivery for Pa I'll be back in a few days. We going to Miami and Orlando, and  I'm not his favorite that's Jesus." I said the she laughed.

"Ugh did Ma tell you that I have to be  with Sherry while you're gone. Her dad is going too, but I swear if she cries over Jax because he dumped her A MONTH AGO I'm going to kill her." She said. I threw a pillow at her, and she rolled her eyes. "Be nice Lulu." After I finished packing I took all my things downstairs to the door. "When is pa going to come get me?" I asked ma.

Luna's parents are like mines since my mom isn't around and I barely know my dad. "He's not coming mija. He sent Jax to come pick you up. That is your partner right?" She said. "Sí ma, but where is he?" I checked my phone and got no new messages or missed calls. I called Jax myself to see did he forget or not. "Ugh I can't stand being around the guy he creeps me out like horror movie or mass murder level." Luna said.

He didn't pick up his call, and I was about to call him again until ma yelled. "He's here! Good cause your flight leaves in an hour!" He runs to the door, and she hands him my bags. "Sorry I'm late I over slept." My mom looked over it, and hugged me goodbye. I got into the car, and we left to go to the airport. "Are you using again? What was the real reason you was late?" I questioned. He adjusted his posture in his seat.

"No Sherry wanted to see me, and so I went over there. We not dating again I just don't feel like fucking with her right now." He said. "You should be more considerate Jax." He threw a empty soda can at me, and hit the steering wheel. "And you should minds your own fucking business!" I wanted to kick his ass, but he was driving. "You piece of shit. I'm the ONLY fucking person that's helping you! Stop being a complete ass!" I yelled.

We got to the airport, and pa was standing by the gate. "You're late." He said. He looked at us with so much anger, but he did nothing because his business partner was there. "Sorry pa, but we're ready to go now." I misspoke and called him Pa. He hates when I mix business with my personal life. When with the cartel it's Mr. Navarro, and at home it's Pa. "Fine well let's go, and watch your language." He mumbled.

We made it to Florida, and after Mr. Navarro finished talking to his colleague he talked to us. "Okay. Everyone is rooming with their partners. Ana, Jax you guys meet me in my room. Here is yall room key." Mr. Navarro said. I looked at the room key, and then at Jax. "Room 640. Okay let's go set our stuff in our room then to Mr. Navarro's." I tell Jax. We set our stuff down, and went next door.

"Jax you're going to be on a different job than Ana's. You're doing the deliveries Jax, and Ana you're doing something different." He said then he place his gun on the desk. "Wait I'm.... I can't kill anyone." I said. He looked at me, and grabbed me by my arm. "You can, and you will. Your job starts in Miami in a few days so get ready."

Jax and I left the room, and Jax laid on his bed. Days went by, and we went to Miami. "Ugh I hate the room change. Which bed you want Carson?" Jax said, and I set my things to the bed closest to the door. I had to kill a guy who stole from Navarro. The guy would've been my first kill. I've been training for this back home, but dealing with the real thing feels different. I guess I was showing that I was nervous because Jax started to become nice.

"Come on we got to eat breakfast." He said, but I was too nervous to eat anything so I passed. When it was time for me to do my job I had to go to the hotel down by the beach. "Hey you going out tonight? It's like pitch black outside. Me and some of the guys drinking tonight, come join us." Jax tells me. "No I have to do my job tonight, and you shouldn't be drinking." I said then left the room. It was always hot in the mornings, but cool at night.