Chapter Nine: Back on the job

I've always been split in two since I was a kid. I've always been Mariana then there was Mariana 2.0, and Jax was the only person who saw both sides. Mariana 2.0 always risked her life, and done illegal shit. While Mariana made it home every night to take care of her siblings, and do homework.

"This is the place I didn't know it was an hour outside of town. Navarro booked us a room here across from their hotel." Jax said. I was still waking up from my nap, and constantly yawning. "I'll check us in." I went in the hotel to check us in while Jax got the bags. We went up to our room, and set up. "Does this remind you of Chicago? Kinda like old times right?" He questioned.

I looked around the room, and laughed. "Yeah a little, but this is way nicer. In Chicago we was in some rundown motel." Jax sat on the bed loading gun. "You right cause the bed broke when we got on it." He said. I laughed, and sat next to him. "Dude that's because we was fucking. You threw me on the bed, and you wasn't gentle either." I said unpacking the bag.

"I only did two strokes it doesn't suppose it break after two." We laughed, and he looked at me deeply in my eyes. He moved closer to me, and every bone in my body wanted to repeat the old days. "Jax we got a job to do. We can't do this right now. Did you bring the silencers?" I said. He pointed to the green bag, across the room. "Call Mateo, and tell him you'll be home tomorrow." He said. It did feel like old times. He always made sure I called home, and he made sure I was safe.

"Hey bug Where's Mateo? Tell him he's in charge I'll be home in the morning. I'm spending the night with a friend. Okie dokie bye." I hate leaving them by themselves, but leaving them with Luna is worse. She'll let them stay up, drink, destroy the house, and don't do homework. That's why even when she's there Mateo is in charge. "Hey we got movement. Is it the guy from the picture?" Jax said. I got beside him, and looked out the window. "Yeah that's him, but his partner black not white." I explain.

We wait a little longer, and then his friend arrives. "Ana bestie just arrived it's time." I grabbed my gun with the silencer, and we walked out the room. We went over to the other hotel, and we waited for a while then I went down the hall. I knocked on the door, and invited myself in. Not long after Jax followed me in. "Who you work for? What did you do with the money?" We asked. I stood on the guy's neck.

"Where is the money?" I asked. I tend to lose myself during jobs. I'm afraid of my dark side because sometimes I slip into it. That's why I quit back in Florida because I lose control and become "Scar. Scar! Get off him!" Jax said then he killed the guy, and pushed me off the other guy. "Scar you can't kill him not this one." Jax tied him up then pulled me to the side. "Scar are you okay? You're acting like you are back in Florida." Jax said.

As soon as I was about to answer the guy laughed, and told us about Florida. "We tired to kill you then, but we missed someone else took your bullet. Now the legendary Scar is framed for something she can't get out of. So I'll tell you where your money is at because that's the least of your problems." He said. Jax killed him after he told us, and we headed back to our hotel.

"They killed that lady in Florida? We thought you did it for the longest." Jax said gathering our things. "Yeah I told you guys I didn't do it. I don't kill innocents, and I got my ass beat for that kill." I said. I finished packing the last of our weapons, and I grabbed some extra clothes. "I'm going to shower first. I need to clear my head, but if Navarro calls tell him what happened." I tell Jax.

I rinsed all of the blood off of my body, and stood there while the water was running down me. Thinking of the lady in Florida a year her face haunted me. How she died lingered in my head, and it messed me up. For a while I believed I killed her too, but I knew even drunk I wasn't capable of killing an innocent. Jax opens the bathroom door. "Dude I'm showering." I spoke. "Chill I just left my phone in here, and you're not showering you're beating yourself up about Florida."