Chapter Eighteen: Jax's Homecoming

The thing about miracles is that once they happen something terrible happens that could ruins someone's life. Well at least that's what happens in this family. The last miracle I had was to save me from my mom, and as I loathe Navarro he was the only one who helped. The result in that is that Navarro forced me into the cartel and to kill for him. Since then my life has been hell, and I've been fighting to free myself from Navarro's hold over me. I only hope that this time things will just work out, and not backfire on me. 

"Are you sure that's what they said?" Anela asks after I told her about the phone call. "Yes." I respond with my voice breaking. "We are almost there, and I know what you're thinking. Don't blame yourself for not being there. You had too much going on to sit by Jax's side everyday." She tells me, and I remained silent the rest of the ride to the hospital. I quickly parked and ran into the hospital with Anela not far behind. I ran into his room that he was last staying in, and I didn't see him, the room was completely empty, I searched around for help. "Natalie, wasn't this Jax's room?" Anela asked. "Yeah they moved him a few days ago he's upstairs. I've been unassigned to him since he's moved, so I don't know how he's doing." She said as she hand me a paper with his room number on it. I thanked her then headed upstairs, and Anela hugged me in the elevator as I cried on her shoulders.  

"Are you okay? I know things have been rough with your mom in town then leaving, and Ricky pretty much spitting in your face. Also let's not forget Ace and Jax." She said. "Yeah I'm fine I'll stop crying soon, but it's just I'm super stressed out and it is not getting easier." I tell her. "If it's not getting easier then to are doing something right peaches." She says then the elevator door opens. I run out and she grabs me by my arm. "Hey I want you to calm down before going in there." She said. So I took a deep breath and walking in. "Hey I've been dying to see you." Jax said touching one of his wounds while looking at me. I laughed and ran into his arms. "That's not funny, and you scared the hell out of me you ass." I said. He groaned in pain, and I stepped back. "I'm sorry did that hurt?" I asked. "A little, but I'll take the pain if it means that I can touch you again." He said.  "You guys are so cute it's disgusting." Anela said. 

He looked over my head, and smiled. "Nelly, wassup you are so invisible when you're not talking." He said as he hugged her. Anela and Jax have been friends before Jax and I even knew about each other. "Glad to see you're not dead Jaxy. How are you doing?" She said. Jax and Anela haven't spoken in two years because Jax put her life in danger once. Anela forgave him of course, but Jax never forgave himself. "I'll be better if I'm out of here, and if someone tells me what day it is." He said. "It's the end of February." Anela said. "I've been out since mid December? I missed Christmas, New Years, and Valentines Day. That's just fucking wonderful." He said. "It's okay you didn't miss the most important day which is J day." I said. "If you're talking about cartel annual celebration on Navarro being alive you can count me out. I don't want to deal with him right now until I find out who shot me." He stated. I looked at Anela then sat down on his bed, and told him all about what Navarro has been up to. 

"I need to sleep I have to final testing tomorrow to see if I can get discharged. I'll see you tomorrow okay?" He said holding back his anger. I looked at my phone and just agreed. "Okay, but only because it's something at home I have to take care of. Call me in the morning so I can come get you." I tell him. I began to walk out, and he grabbed me by my arm then pulled me into a kiss. "I love you more than breathing." He whispered in my ear. "I love you more than my food." I replied. I walked out and Anela threw her arm around me. "What happened now?" She asked. "Aurora text that her brothers got into a fight again. This time Leilani has a busted lip, and Ace is not there." I said. We raced to the house, and as soon as we arrived Ace did too. "I only just found out so don't be pissed at me. I already got a lot of shit going on." I said. Then I barged in seeing Ricky and Mateo with bloody mouths and Aurora standing between them. "Did you two lost your minds or are yall just fucking idiots. I have had enough or your stupidity today go in your room, and if hear any fighting I'll personally beat your ass!" I yelled.