Chapter Six: Ace's POV

"You should learn how to leave people's personal life alone. Maybe she not ready to share that with someone she just met." My sister said while fixing my collar. "You right, and now you want me to apologize. I'm going to have Jace drop you off before we go get his brother." I said.

"Dad is working all night, and he's flying to Tokyo Tuesday so we might be staying here for a while." She said. When dad leaves I take care of Leilani which is most of the time. "Ace someone is at the door!" She yells. I go downstairs, and open the door. "Dude your house is dope. Damn you got an elevator? Even my house don't have that." Jace said.

I walk Jace to my room. "Your house dope, but your us plain as hell." He said. "My mom use to help me decorate my room, but she's not doing much of that these days." I said grabbing my all black Nike shoes. "Oh what she's working a lot or something?" He asked. I slowly put on my left shoe. I don't know whether to tell the truth, or to lie.

When people learn that someone parents died they apologize, and say that it gets better. I don't want that, and I don't like to hear it. "No um she- she died last year." I said. He turned to me and took a deep breath. "I know how you feel man. My mom died when Jess and I was 10. The first year is hard as hell, but you'll get through it. Not saying it'll get easy because it does get harder everytime. Almost everything reminds me of my mom." He said.

"Thanks man. I didn't know you lost your mom too." I replied. "Yeah almost eight years ago, and thanks for not saying sorry I hate that shit. Enough sad shit though let's got get my brother." He said. I got up, and went to the kitchen to grab an apple. "Hey can we drop my sister off at the party before we go get your brother?" I ask, and he didn't have a problem with.

"Lani let's go or we leaving you!" I yelled. She ran into the kitchen, and grabbed a water bottle. "I'm ready come on." She said. We dropped her off then went to pick up his brother. "Oh Luna's here. Yo sista!" He said. She ran over to the car."Hey guys are you guys going clubbing tonight for yall birthday," she ask.

"Nah me, the twin, and Ace just doing something small. I don't want to celebrate my birthday. I just wanted a car, and that's what I got!" Jace said. I heard that Luna family had money, but I guess they don't flaunt it like every other rich person."So this is your spot?" I asked. "Yeah. You should come in, and visit sometime." She said softly.

I softly laughed, and cleared my throat. "Uh yeah sure." I said. "Okay! Stop flirting we got to go." Jesse said. We drive off, and the guys are talking. "Luna is mad at Madi so just givig you the heads up. Speaking of do you like Luna?" Jess asks. "No man I'm good on girls." I said. "Had your heart broken?" Jace asked.

"Nope, but I got my sister so I don't have time for a girlfriend." I said. Jace laugh then hit my shoulder. "Damn you sound like Madi. She has been taking care of her siblings since she was six. She named them, bathe them, and took care of them their whole lives." He said.

I never thought that she had that type of baggage. "Okay so let me Mariana this real quick because this is something she would've done. Fun fact Madi named all of her siblings. Sounds impossible, but Mateo went without a name for the first 2 years of his life. Ricky got his name when he was one and a half, and Aurora got her name on her first birthday. That was fun." Jesse stated.

"Okay we are here brotha!" Jace yelled. We pulled up to a bar. "Don't we need to be 21 to be in here?" I asked. We got out the car, and walked in. "Nah just 18, and owner's kid." He responded. "Oh this is your dad's spot?" I asked then ordered loaded fries. "Nope Luna's, but our whole group is like family." Jess said.

The whole day was karaoke and live music. Then Jace said "Damn dude I left my bag at Madi's this morning. It had your gift in it." Jace said. "I don't need a gift dude. Wait what this morning?" Jess wondered. "Yeah that's something for another time, but dude yes you do it's your fucking birthday." He said.