Chapter Twenty: My Mistakes

Somethings we bring upon ourselves then there are others we don't, and we sometimes can't control them. I brought Jax into my life, I got pregnant, and I still decided to love him. That right there is on me, but then again I feel like everything that happened in my life is my fault. The things I can't control is being shot at a young age and having parents that didn't want to step up to be parents. We coming into the world with cards we've been dealt, and some cards we pull from the life deck. We make those mistakes because we're human, and we're learning. Somethings we do because we are dumb as shit and need some guidance, and then the are things we do because we lack that guidance and the knowledge.

"Teo!" I screamed, and tried to. Run to him, but Diablo steps closer to me. "Nope, he said whoever gets in the way let them die." He said. Those words stung my heart, and filled me with anger. "Diabo if you let him die I swear to GOD that I will hunt down your whole family and kill them one by one, but your kids. I'll save your kids for last so I can torture and kill them in front of you and kill you slowly after. So, let me see if my brother is okay." I said. "No." He replied. He didn't noticed that we was walking slowly towards him while I was talking. I wasn't that close to him, but I was close to enough to take the gun from him. I shot him five times then ran to Mateo. "He shot close to the Artery, but didn't hit it." Anela said. "Go in my room in the bathroom, and there is a Kit under the sink." I said, and she ran to the bathroom. I'm putting pressure on the wound trying to fight my tears. "Mateo, you got shot near your Brachial artery. I need you to be still." I Said. "I'm cold." He replied. I started to hyperventilate and then I started to yell, "Anela!"  

"I'm sorry, I'm here." She said as she put the box down and opened it. I being to take the bullet out. "Anela, call Doctor Choi, and Mateo if you die I will personally kick your ass all through heaven and hell." I said. I was digging through his skin, and then pulled out the bullet. I continue to apply pressure until Doctor Choi gets here. When he gets here he stop the bleeding and starts to stitching him up. "You should really call Navarro because this will happen consistently to everyone you love, and I can't save them all. You need to call him." He said. Jae Choi is a Korean doctor that's on Navarro's payroll, but who isn't right? Choi was the one who saved my life when I was 5, and then everyday since I've been in the cartel. "Fine, he wins again. Anela, call Ace and tell him YOU need a ride home. Mateo and I taking a trip to Navarro." I said. I paid Choi then helped Mateo in the uber. "You should've let me go with Anela." Mateo uttered.  "Nope, Navarro needs to see you, and I need to see him." I said. We drive 20 mins to get to his house, and I help Mateo out the car. We walk up to the front door and I walk in. 

I go where I hear the most noise. I barged into his office, and I see him fucking a girl I went to school with. I turned my back and rolled my eyes. "Navarro! I need to talk to you!" I said. He stopped, and she walked passed me. "Now you call me? I'm guessing Diablo found you, and set you straight?" He said. "Diablo is probably dead right now, which he deserves to be because he shot my brother!" I yelled then faced him. He sat down and shook his head. "I didn't mean for that to happen. He was supposed to just scare you into coming back. I have a job for you, so--" I interrupted in and slammed my hand on his desk. "He came to kill me Navarro! You tried to kill my brother, and you want to talk about a fucking job!" I yelled. "Mariana? What's going on?" Luna asked. I was so angry that I just snapped. "Cartel business you back stabbing bitch, fuck off. You'll probably kill my brother next." I yelled, and slammed the door in her face. "That was unnecessary, but yes because what's done is done, get over it." He said. I made me blood boil hearing him say that, but all I hear is a voice telling me to wait. "Your job is to kill a Mafia boss kid." He continues. 

"I don't kill kids." I said. He grabs an envelope out his drawer, and throws it on his desk. "He's not a kid. He is 21 his name is Miki Yamato, and he has a little sister and brother. Kill him, and bring the kids alive." He said. I opened it and it was Ace. It was the wrong age and a horrible description, but that's his picture. "Yeah sure, whatever." I said. I turned to see if Mateo is okay. I checked his plus and his breathing. "I need a car. I can't get him home by walking." I said. He tossed me the keys to the Audi, Luna's car, and then opened the door for us to leave. I help him out the room, and Luna was standing there looking at us. "What happened to him?" She asks. "Navarro told a Diablo to came 'take care' of Madi, and the asshole shot me instead, and she had to stitch me up. So before you judge my sister of being a so called 'bad friend' look at how much of a dick your father is." Mateo said, and then he proceeded to walk out. I put Mateo in the car and he looks at me then rolled his eyes. "Why did we come here? I can't stand Navarro OR Luna. Especially since she's been a dick to you." He said. I got into the car to then started to drive home.