George Weasley one shot

I could physically not study any more. It was the middle of the night, and I was still trying to finish the Charms assignment. About an hour ago, I had moved to the couch, thinking I would be more comfortable. I was right, but not in a good way.

The Standard Book of Spells was just so dull. Every few moments, my eyes would begin to close, and my chin would sink lower towards my chest.

Eventually, I decided that enough was enough. I closed the book, pulled a blanket over me, and tried to fall asleep. I was way too tired to walk up to the girls' dormitory.

I had almost drifted off, when suddenly - BANG - an explosion came from a nearby table and jolted me awake.

I glared over at the table, irritated, and was not surprised to see the Weasley twins sitting there. Fred and George were one year above me, and we had never talked. But personally, I had always found them annoying - especially the fact that I could never tell them apart.

"Sorry, dear, did we wake you?" smirked one of them. The other chuckled. I just gritted my teeth and tried to ignore them. There was no way that I was going to fall asleep now, but I could pretend.

A few moments later, I had slowed my breathing and had apparently fooled them, because I heard one say, "What's her problem?"

"I dunno," replied the other, "Maybe she had a bad day. That looks like a Charms assignment she was working on; that class always was dreadful. Anyways, George, I'm going to bed."

"I'll be up in a minute."

Thank goodness, I thought, I'll finally be able to sleep. But I heard George (I assumed it was him, anyways) moving closer to me. I braced myself for some sort of dreadful prank.

I heard the boy picking up my things, and I reached slowly into my pocket and gripped the handle of my wand. I was prepared to hex him if he messed up my assignment.

I heard pages turning, and then I heard him mutter a spell. I hadn't heard of it before, but I wasn't surprised - after all, George was a year older than me in school and the Weasley twins were famous for making up new curses.

Finally, I heard him close my book, and something completely unexpected happened. I felt him brush the hair away from my face (it took a lot to hold still during that - George was pretty cute, I supposed) and tuck my blanket around me tighter.

"I know you're awake," he whispered, "And I'm sorry for whatever we did to make you angry."

I opened my eyes to find his face only inches from mine. He really was cute. I took a deep breath to calm myself down, but I could smell his cologne and it only made me more nervous. "It's okay," I told him, "It's just been a rough day."

"I know," George whispered back, "Sixth year sucks. But anyways, your homework's done now and you should get some sleep. Good night."

And with that, he leaned over, kissed me on the forehead, and walked away and into the boys' dormitory.