Albus Potter one shot✔️

Snape was out sick for the day, and so McGonagall took over potions class. You and your best friend Albus were attempting to make antidotes for sick animals Professor McGonagall had purposefully poisoned so the class could heal them, or try to at least. McGonagall had made you all aware of the fact that the animals weren't in any pain and wouldn't die, and if you all failed with your antidotes then she would do it herself.

So far, you and Albus were working on a potion for the sick rat in the cage in front of you. However, since it was extremely cold in the room, at least for you, it was hard for you to concentrate properly without having to hug yourself and run your hands up and down your arms repeatedly.

"Geez Y/N, are you that cold?" Albus asked.

"It's freezing in here!" you responded, "How are you not cold?"

"I'm wearing a jacket. But you obviously need it more than I do," he said.

Albus quickly took off his robes and unzipped his jacket to hand it to you.

"I can't do that. Then you'll be cold! It's fine, I'll survive," you quickly responded.

You in fact really did want the jacket, but it basically meant that Albus would have to suffer because of you.

"Y/N it's fine. I don't mind at all. Here," Albus said as he helped you put it on and without warning, he brought you to his chest.

You folded against him perfectly and his hands went around your back rubbing it up and down in an attempt to warm you up. You stayed there like that for at least two minutes, him just holding you with your head pressed against his chest.

When you pulled away, he kept his hands on your arms and your hands were brought down to his waist.

"You feel better?" he asked, a slight tint of pink coming to his face.

You felt the same blush creep up on your cheeks as well. "Yeah. Thanks, Albus," you managed to mutter out.

Unfortunately, the moment was ruined by Professor McGonagall coming to stop in front of your table. You sprang apart when she started talking. "Mr. Potter and Miss Y/L/N, I would appreciate it if you would stop flirting in my class and be productive. This rat needs to be cured."

"Sorry Professor," you muttered.

She nodded and walked away but you could've sworn you saw a small smirk on her face when she left.

A few minutes later, the bell rang and you and Albus walked out together, going back up to the common room to put your stuff away before going back down for dinner.

"Well, I'm glad we cured that rat," Albus mentioned, walking side by side with you.

"Yeah, same here. Little harder than I expected though. Oh wait, do you want your jacket back?" You asked, preparing to take your robes off.

Albus put a hand up to stop you. "No no, it's fine. Keep it. It looks better on you anyway," he assured you.

You blushed and pulled your robes closer to your chest. "Thanks," you told him.

You had only just made it out the door when your friends came up behind you and started walking with you.

"So, when's the happy couple getting married?" Your friend Jordan asked.

"What?" you asked.

"Aw, Albus! You haven't asked her yet? C'mon I took you for more of a better gentleman than that!" Your friend Alex teased.

"Guys, stop. C'mon, not now," Albus begged.

"Albus, what's wrong? We just want you guys to get married so you can live happily ever after and have lots of kids and stuff," your friend Connor said with a laugh.

Albus turned to face you. "I'll just meet you at dinner okay?"

Before you could agree, he had hurriedly walked away with his friends trailing behind him, laughing and ruffling Albus's hair.

Dinner was even more awkward for both of you than it was after transfiguration. Albus barely made eye contact with you, and whenever you tried to talk to him, he'd just give one-worded answers. You gave up halfway through dinner and ate in silence. After he left, one of your friends, Jordan, came to sit next to you.

"You really don't know do you?" He asked.

"Know what?" you responded.

Jordan chuckled. "Wow. For a guy who's so open with his best friend you would think he'd tell her his biggest secret."

"What big secret? What are you talking about?" you asked, now getting a little irritated.

"Y/N, he likes you. He always has," Jordan said.

Your eyes widened and you sat up a little bit straighter. "Wait, really? Are you sure?"

Jordan friend turned to look at me. "Positive. The guy never shuts up about you. The only reason why he never told you is because he's afraid it'll ruin your friendship with him."

You stared at your empty plate, not knowing what to say.

"You should go talk to him." Jordan continued, "It'll make things better."

You thanked Jordan and went straight to the common room. Once you got there, you saw him sitting in front of the fireplace.

You went to sit next to him. "Albus."

His head turned to look at you. "Oh, hey Y/N. Look about earlier, I'm-"

You intertwined his hand with yours and he stopped talking immediately. Instead, he looked down and stared at your hands.

"I really like you, Albus," you said.

His head shot up to look at you.

"I have for a long time," you continued, biting your lip slightly.

He smiled. "Thank God."

His hands cupped your face and he placed a gentle, sweet kiss on your lips. You ran his hands through his hair and you both smiled into the kiss. When you pulled away, he placed a loving kiss on your forehead with one hand still on your cheek and then pulled you into him to cuddle while watching the fire.