Draco Malfoy one shot

Let's face it, no one liked the fact that you were Draco Malfoy's girlfriend. You were a Muggle-born Hufflepuff who was extremely shy, quiet at most times, and quite clumsy as well. There were lots of people who not only made fun of you for those qualities, but also Draco, simply because he was dating you.

Today was especially bad. You had been getting more dirty looks from the Slytherin house than usual and Crabbe and Goyle kept making fun of you by imitating you whenever you would walk by them. Your friends always dragged you away from them and never let you respond to their snide comments, but there were times where you wanted to scream in their faces to leave you alone.

Today was one of those days.

You and Draco were walking down the hall together hand in hand to go to dinner. You two were engaged in a conversation about Snape's recent Potions exam when Crabbe and Goyle snuck up behind you and pushed you quite hard.

You immediately stumbled forward and nearly lost your footing completely when Draco grabbed your arm and pulled you up, pushing you behind him and using his body as a shield.

He was fuming.

"What the hell is wrong with you two huh? Where the fuck do you get off attempting to push my girlfriend down on the floor like that?! I ought to beat the living shit out of you right now!"

Goyle snorted. "Oh come on Malfoy, like you'd risk exposing such violence to your precious (Y/N)."

He went to try to pinch your cheeks, but Draco grabbed his wrist and flung it to the side, making him swerve to the side a bit.

"Aw, what's wrong Draco? You protective over your Mudblood girlfriend because she can't stand up for herself?" Crabbe said in fake empathy.

"I can too!" you said from your spot behind Draco. You tried to move forward, but Draco held out his arm to keep you from Crabbe and Goyle.

"Look, you two can go fuck yourselves because I don't care what you think about (Y/N) or my relationship with her. Regardless of what you may think, (Y/N) is the most beautiful person I have ever met. Her shyness is what makes her unique and quite frankly, I like it that way. Would you rather have Pansy literally hanging off my arm and talking loudly in my ear?"

Crabbe and Goyle exchanged a look before crossing their arms and backing up a bit.

Draco continued on.

"Like it or not, I love her for who she is and there's nothing you two or anyone for that matter can do to stop me from loving her. If you don't like it, suck it up or shut up."

You looked up at Draco with a small smile and love in your eyes. Even though you were perfectly capable of defending yourself, you were glad Draco loved you enough to defend you whenever assholes like Crabbe and Goyle came along.

"Now if you'll excuse me, my beautiful girlfriend and I would like to go eat dinner. We're hungry."

Draco swung a protective arm around your waist before turning around and walking away from Crabbe and Goyle, who were just standing there awkwardly, not knowing what to do next.

You leaned against Draco's side and looked up at him through your eyelashes, his jaw still clenched and his eyes still carrying around that protective gleam in them.

You stood up on your toes and gently pecked him on his cheek. He broke his hard shell and turned his head to smile at you.

"Thank you." you murmured, before shyly looking straight forward.

Draco stared at you for a few seconds before giving you a sweet kiss on your forehead.

"I'll always defend you (Y/N). You're it for me, you know..."

You sucked in a small breath and looked up at him again. Your eyes widened a bit and a blush came up to claim your cheeks.

Draco chuckled and stopped to lean down and place a soft, sweet kiss on your lips. You immediately smiled into the kiss and gently ran your fingertips over his cheek.

He pulled away and stared into your warm eyes for a few seconds before pecking you on the lips once more. Then he looked up and resumed walking to the Great Hall with you.

"I love you." you nearly whispered out.

He gave you a sideways smile.

"I love you too."