Draco Malfoy one shot

There is a trigger warning with this so if you absolutely know you can't handle it, please do not read on any further. If you are struggling with the same problems the reader in this imagine is dealing with, I strongly encourage you to tell someone and get help, even just inbox me becuase I've been through it and I would love to help :) <3

The blade ran across your skin, cutting it open and revealing the blood underneath the surface.

Your tears fled from your eyes as they trickled down your cheeks and landed on your wounded arm, the salty warm water mixing in with the fresh red blood.

It cut through your skin again, this time going in deeper and allowing more blood to flow out of it profusely.

You were going to do it again, but your sobs cut you off.

You held it tightly in your hand and tried everything in your power to stop, to just drop the blade and will yourself to never do it again.

It didn't work.

You made a long gash on left arm and cried out when the blade went in a little too deep for your liking.

Draco suddenly burst into your bathroom and stared down in horror at the sight upon him.

He immediately burst into tears.

"No.." he cried softly.

The tears cascaded down his pale face as he suddenly kneeled before you and tried to yank the blade out of your hand, only to have you still clutching onto it tightly.

"Baby..." he blubbered out, "Baby let go. This isn't worth it. I love you. Please, please let go. You're so much better than this."

Your sobs escalated to their peak as your shaky and nimble fingers released the blade you were holding into Draco's hand. He threw it into the toilet and let it sink into the bottom of the bowl.

Draco cried as he pulled your trembling body into his arms. You curled yourself up into his chest and let his arms wrap themselves around you, the muscles tightening to make sure you wouldn't get away.

He rocked you back and forth and heavily sobbed into your hair, listening to you sob into his sweater and feeling your body quake with fear underneath his grip.

"P-please don't lea-ve me.." you sobbed out.

Draco held you tighter and shook his head, then kissed your mussy hair.

"No, no baby. I'm not going to leave you, I won't leave you.", he cried harder as he shakily whispered into your ear, "I love you. I won't leave you sweetheart, I promise."

You clutched tightly onto the arm of his sweater and sat there in his embrace, crying for a few good minutes before finally settling down.

He gripped tightly onto your body as he stood up with you in his arms and placed you on top of your sink counter.

The tears had subsided, but you could still feel the sadness and despair lingering in the room. It drifted in the spaces between the two of you and weighed itself down on your shoulders. Draco was silent, but gentle as he cleaned your cuts, gashes, scratches, and old scars that you had opened up again on your arms and legs.

After putting the last bandage onto the deep gash you had made in your shoulder, he placed both of his palms face down on either side of you on the cold granite counter and breathed in and out slowly. His head was hanging down, his eyes cast on your scarred legs.

"Why?"

His voice was hoarse, raspy. It had a painful ring to it and made you feel sad, guilty, and disappointed.

You folded your hands together in your lap and bit your lip in an attempt to keep yourself from crying again.

"I just...feel sad sometimes..."

Draco looked up and stared at you with bloodshot, pain-filled eyes. How could you feel sad and he not know anything about it? It was his job to be aware of these things, his job to make you feel better whenever you felt this way. He was the one that was supposed to help you take on all of your worries, not unknowingly let you fight them all yourself.

He continued staring at you and licked his lips.

"Why do you feel sad?"

You let out a shaky sigh as you wiped at your eyes with the back of your hand.

"Because..."

Draco stood up straight and took your shaking, clammy hands in his.

He softly kissed your forehead once and moved some stray hairs behind your ear.

"Because what, baby?"

You started crying again and let your head drop onto his shoulder, allowing your tears to stain his green sweater once again.

"I-I just don't feel like I'm good enough." you cried.

Draco held your hips tightly as he nuzzled his head into your neck to prevent himself from crying again.

You started sobbing again as you painfully buried your face into his warm chest, "I just look everywhere and all I see are people who hate me because of how I feel about you. Your friends hate me, my friends have turned against me. Harry and Ron hate my guts and Hermione has stopped speaking to me. I feel like I'm doing everything wrong and no matter how much I try to do things right, it never works out. I hate it, I hate it so much! Draco, I - I really love you but the way everyone treats me makes me want to kill myself."

At hearing this, Draco immediately pulled away from you and held your shoulders tightly, careful not to hurt the one you cut earlier.

"No." he nearly growled out. His grey eyes were set with determination and strength as they bore themselves into your scared and pained (y/e/c) ones.

"You listen to me (Y/N) (Y/L/N). You are not allowed to kill yourself. You are not allowed to take your own life. Do you hear me?"

You continued blubbering as you looked into his eyes and shook your head.

"I can't m-make that promise.."

"Yes you can." he retaliated back immediately, "You can and you will."

His voice started to become shaky as he stared into your miserable eyes and kept talking.

"I won't allow you to leave me. You can't leave me, I need you here. I need you in my life, okay? I'm literally nothing without you. I can't have you die. I don't want to picture a world where there is no (Y/N) (Y/L/N); I can't and I won't. I love you, okay? I love you, I love you so much, and I can't live a life where there is no you in it, okay?"

He started crying again and pulled you into his chest, nuzzling his head in the crook of your neck. You latched on tightly to his torso and bundled up his sweater in your small fists.

"Please, please don't do this to yourself." he begged through his tears, "I love you, you're so beautiful, please stop this. You're too beautiful to do something so ugly to yourself. Don't give a fuck about what other people say about us, because we have something special. They don't. Okay?"

You nodded and let the tears roll down your cheeks as you cried into his shoulder and allowed him to comfort you. He hugged you tightly and whispered loving things in your ear as you released all of the pain you had been holding inside for months now and let the weight fall from your shoulders.

"I love you." you whimpered into his ear.

Draco's muscles held you as tight as they possibly could. He rocked you lightly from side to side and whispered back in your ear,

"I love you too."