Chapter 29

Evan's POV
Before Connor there was another girl. Her name was Madeline. Like the same person who wanted to hook up at the party. She was my first girlfriend ever. I did kiss her once.
It was just really brief and I wish it didn't happen, but it did. I dated her for about a month and I instantly fell in love with her. I thought she was the one, until I caught her kissing and hooking up with other boys over the course of a week.
Than there was Zoe. I haven't been the same since kissing Zoe. Yeah, I've probably fantasized about doing it. Imaging exactly how the events would play out. But, it was way different than I imagined. Seeing Connor's expression when he saw us kissing was enough. I didn't want to look at her or even talk to her. I couldn't eat or sleep or even think properly.
Whenever I try to read the words on paper or a screen, they go blurry and start to shake. I put on movies, but I can't focus on the plot or the dialogue being spoken. When my mom  eventually comes home, I pretend I'm asleep. That way I don't have to interact with her, only for her to find out I'm lying and interrogate, me
Connor hadn't been at school in three days. I've been constantly scanning the room for him, praying he shows up so I can explain everything. The voice in my head tells me all the negative reasons why he isn't at school.
'He probably tried to kill himself again.'
'Or plotting your murder.'
I hope I'm wrong. Maybe he's in school and I just haven't spotted him yet because he's doing s good job of avoiding me. Maybe he has the flu or some deadly disease and that's why he's out.

Michael's POV
...
Everything hurts. My head is pounding. My pulse is racing. I woke up in the middle of a cold, concrete floor. The hard surface beneath me felt like ice
Where am I? Fuck. The last thing I remember is; I was walking home from the library and someone came up behind me.
God, I don't remember anything that's happened.
I screamed and screamed my lungs out, until they were dryer than the desert. I'm blindfolded, for sure.  I'm definitely gagged. A piece of cloth was shoved in my mouth and tied around the back of my head. My hands were free. I remove the blindfold from my face and toss it on the floor. Everything around me is a blurry haze, my vision clears up and I observe my surroundings. A paper plate and a styrofoam were place on a wooden chair in front of me. I crawled over to the chair, desperate to eat what ever contents were on the plate. On the plate was a cup of overcooked ramen noodles.
In the cup some tap water, which smelled kind of funny. But, I wasn't gonna complain over free food,
I hear the door creak open and a talk figure stalks over to me. Connor. Fucking. Murphy. What does this psychopath want with me? Carve out my organs and sell them on the black market? He honestly seems fucked up enough to do it.
Connor and I have history. Yeah, he will tell you I'm just a guy he occasionally sleeps with. But that's not true. Before he met Evan and before I got with Jeremy, we dated for like 2 months. It was on and off. One day he'd tell me he love me and the next day he'd want nothing to do with me. Our relationship was complicated. Short and underwhelming.
"I got my heart broken, so you have to fucking pay for it." He hisses at me, slamming his fist into my mouth. I let out a scream in pain, digging my nails into the pavement beneath me. He beat me, tore at my flesh, probably ended up breaking my nose.
"What the fuck is your problem?!"
His head snapped up to look at me, with only a little bit of hesitation he explained to me what happen. He caught his Evan making out with his sister.
"Apparently, Madeline made a move on him first, but that sounds like bullshit."
"I guess we've both been screwing our exes."
"What?" His voice alone was enough to make my hair stand up straight.
"I used to be with Madeline." Connor's hands balled into fists. I could see his nails digging into his palms, leaving indents on his flesh.
"Are you okay?"
Connor looked down. "I'm fine."
I bit down on my lip. "Are you sure?"
"Yes, Michael, I'm fucking sure."
I opened my mouth, thought for a moment, and closed it again. Something felt wrong.
Without thinking, I grabbed Connor's arm and pulled him to his feet. He yanked back. "What the hell are you doing?"
"Uh, uh, uh, uh," Speak you fucking idiot. "We should leave."
Connor's face twisted into a hard scowl. "We?"
I nodded.

"What the fuck why?" To be completely honest, I knew he wouldn't just let me leave. I just had a bad feeling.
"Something doesn't feel right. And, you can't keep as your prisoner forever. Someone's gonna notice we're gone."
"I'm not fucking dumb."
"I didn't say you were."
"You're gonna try and run away.?"
"No. Just fucking believe me, okay?! I'll do whatever fucked up shit you want me to do, or whatever you want to do to me. We're not safe here."
Silence.

"Fine, whatever." Connor pushed past me, making his way over to the door. He fumbled around with a key in his pocket, unlocking the door. The bright lights hit my eyes, blinding me. I step into the sun, feeling the warmth against my skin.
I haven't been outside in probably a week. Free at least. Well, not really. If I try and do anything Connor will kill me.
"Where are we going?" He asked, trailing behind me.
"Away from here."