Chapter 6 - Father O Mine

Marcus and a group of men had infiltrated the place where I was being kept. Normally, I would have said it was a daring rescue mission, but I kept the thought in the back of my mind that these men had kidnapped me first and just didn't fight to keep me.

That said, I was hoping that wherever they were taking me I would at least have food and water, and no torture. When we got out of the basement, I tried not to stare to long at the spot on the floor I had spent most of might night last night. Marcus had an arm around my waist, his right arm reaching around to my ribs. I winced every time his fingers shifted, but I kept walking.

"Liam," Marcus said. "Give her your shirt." It was the blond kid that had been with him earlier, waiting by the front door.

"Man, I just got this yesterday!" he said. Marcus grunted and stopped walking long enough to take his own shirt off and hand it over to me. When he saw my right arm hanging loosely on my right, he unfolded the shirt and stood in front of me.

"Duck your head," he said. I did as he asked and he put the hole of the shirt over my head. I put my left arm through the sleeve. I didn't bother with my right arm. Marcus peeked to right to see why, and his eyes widened a bit at the sight of the bruise that was forming.

"They did this to you?" I shook my head no. "I did this to you?" I slowly shook my head yes, not making eye contact as I used my left hand to bring the shirt down around my arm. It fell all the way down to my knees.

"Marcus, we need to go!" Liam said. "One of these bastards tripped the alarm before we got to them. Rodney spotted five incoming vans."

Any look that might have been seen as non-manacing vanished. Marcus put his arm around me, but also grabbed my legs and carried me out. There were three cars. I recognized one of them, the black charger, as the one that I had been taken from the car crash in. The other two I didn't know.

Liam ran to the door and opened it, but Marcus stopped him, "Ride with Matt." Liam looked at him weird, and then down to me, but he didn't say anything as he stepped aside to let Marcus put me in the passenger seat. He went to close the door and I muttered, "What? No seat belt?" He glared at me and shut the door.

I was reaching around to put it on when he opened the door, turning the car on and taking off in front of everyone else. I was trying to untangle the belt when he kept glancing over.

"You can trust my driving," I snorted.

"I can trust the driving that ran me off the side of the road, broke a rib or possibly two, and handed me over to someone who literally ordered someone to rape the attitude out of me?"

"I hit you on purpose."

"That makes it so much better," I retorted. I finally got the belt clicked into place and sat back in my seat. The tension was buzzing in the air, making me fear moving in case I made it worse. "Thanks for the shirt," I said. I looked over, realizing for the first time that he might be shirtless. He wasn't. He had on a tank top.

"Yeah," was his only reply. I looked out the window, wondering where it was to next that I would be going.

I looked back over at him. The morning sun was showing tiny strips of highlight in his dark hair. "Can I ask you something, or a couple things?"

He looked over at me skeptically, but nodded.

"Where are we?"

"California," Marcus replied. I slowly nodded my head, my stomach churning at the thought that I lived in Utah.

"My mom?" I asked. He looked at me from the corner of his eye.

"You want to know about your mom?" he asked, surprised.

"She is my mom."

"She also stopped taking care of you ever since your father left." Hearing him say the words 'left' and not 'died' churned my stomach even more. There was a moment of silence before I spoke.

"I don't know where he is," I said simply.

"We know." I looked over at him, letting the shock show on my face.

"Then why did you kidnap me?"

"There was too much to explain to you. We needed to you to come with us, but we couldn't let anyone else know that we had found you."

"You couldn't knocked on my door as salesmen, told me that my father was alive and to come with you, and at least then I wouldn't have broken ribs. I might've been able to run when that douchebag came to get me."

"You wouldn't have been able to out run them."

"The point is that maybe I wouldn't feel so helpless. Maybe I wouldn't have been stripped naked and forced to shower in front of two guys. Maybe I wouldn't have..." my sentence dropped off. I saw his hands tighten on the wheel. "I really thought he was going to... if you hadn't shown up."

"Don't think about it."

I looked out the window again, playing with my lips as I fought to control the tears that wanted to come out. Trees flew by. I could feel the power of the California sun through the window.

"How long?" I asked.

"How long what?"

"How long have you been spying one me to know the road I pass to go home from school every day." I didn't turn my head to look at him. Trees were a lot more calming that a muscular kidnapper.

"My house?"

"We had to make sure that no one else took you."

"...my room?" I ordered the horror to keep itself at bay. The thought of Marcus, or anyone looking in on me.

"No," he said. "We put a camera outside your door, and throughout the house except the bathrooms." Marcus looked over at me. "I know it's hard to see, but we aren't monsters."

"Then why do you want me?" I asked harshly.

Marcus sighed, "We need to find your father."

"I already told you that I don't know where he is."

"I know, but he knows where you are."

N/A Hi guys! So we know a little more about the father and we know why Marcus grabbed Roseilin.

What do you think about Marcus now?

How do you think Roseilin is handling all of this?

What do you think about the way they "looked in" on Roseilin? Anyone else a tad bit creeped out?

Can't wait for you guys to read the next chapter! Have a great rest of your day/night :)