Chapter 47 - Our First Time

My father and I checked our bags about an hour ago, along with our personal driver, and were sitting waiting for the flight to be called. I had the hood of my sweatshirt up seeing as the world still thought I was dead. I was nervous handing the TSA agent my drivers license, but he didn't even bat an eye when he looked between the ID and my face. 

I sighed, rubbing my eyes as I forced them to stay open. I hadn't realized how little deep sleep I had been getting. Even last night Marcus and I barely slept. I tried to distract myself from the dirty feeling of knowing everything that Robert had done to my family. It was his fault that my father was even in a gang in the first place. And it was his fault that my father was on the run. I had let him beat me up, and all for nothing. The only thing that had kept me going was a lie. Robert didn't care about my father or me. 

"Rosie," my father's voice brought me out of my daze. "There you are. It's time to board." I nodded to him, grabbing my carry on and walking in front of him to the plane. I looked behind me to my dad, making sure he was there as my eye wandered a little further back. A man in a denim jacket was getting into the line to board as well, a black beanie covering most of his hair. 

I turned back around, following the line through the gate and into the terminal where I waited what felt like years before we found our seats and sat down. The guy in the denim jacket sat down two rows behind us. 

"Dad," I whispered as we sat down. He leaned in, concern written on his face as he heard my tone. "I think I recognize someone from Robert's people that followed us. Denim jacket, black beanie, two rows back."

My father waited for an opportunity to check for himself, sitting back into his seat a little. "You're right. That means it is going to be harder to leave the airport without anyone knowing where we are." I sighed, narrowing my eyes as I saw another passenger load the plane, this time sitting in the row in front of us and to the left. 

He was tall, muscular, but was trying to hide it with a white hoodie. The hood was pulled up and over his head, and he wore sunglasses that hid most of his face, but I couldn't help the smile that creeped onto my face as he sat down. I knew that jawline anywhere. 

"Marcus is already here," I told my dad. 

"What? Where?" he asked. I pointed him out and then got settled in, knowing this was going to be one hell of a long flight. Once the light for the seatbelt sign dinged and flashed off, I undid my buckle and got up. As I passed Marcus, I pretended to trip and grabbed onto his arm, apologizing as I looked between him and the door to the bathroom. 

"I'm sorry again, sir,"  I said, standing up fully and walking down he aisle. No one paid me much attention as I slid into the door, most of them already passed out on whatever pill they took to make them sleep through the flight. I left the door unlocked as I stood in the corner between the toilet and the wall. This was going to be a tight fit. 

Thirty seconds later, the door of the bathroom slid open and Marcus stepped through, sliding the lock closed and giving me a big hug. His nuzzled his face into my neck, his breath causing goosebumps to travel down my body. I stiffened. 

"Wha-" Marcus started, then stopped. Sadness overtook his eyes as he understood. It took everything in me to do this, but I reached up on my toes and slowly kissed him. 

"I didn't mean to stiffen. I won't let what happened get between us," I told him. 

"I would understand," he told me.

"It isn't my first time needing to deal with something like this." I paused, pushing my lips together as I realized what I had said, but instead I sighed. I would have to tell him someday anyways. "Anyways, I spotted one of your father's men boarding the plane behind us. He is sitting two rows back from my father and I. My father also said we should be expecting the ride from the airport to the hotel to not be friendly if we don't agree to go, so we are going to slip them both."

"Okay," Marcus said, seemingly trying to push the storm behind his eyes so that he could focus. "I saw that the seat next to you was empty. I think by the end of the flight I could get in that seat so that at least we are all together when we get off the plane."

"I like that idea. I'll ask my dad to scoot in one seat and I will sit in the middle. You can grab your carryon and just sit down when you're ready. Most of the people are already passed out anyways."

"Okay," he gave me a smile before leaning down, but he was hesitant. 

"Marcus," I whispered. He hummed his response. "You can kiss me." He brought his lips to mine, tentatively and hesitantly at first, but when I tugged on the end of his hair, he let out a low moan and grabbed me more forcefully. I forced myself to pay attention to the heat of his lips, not Newman's face in my head. Marcus's gentle, tender hands on my waist, not the feeling of Newman behind me. 

I quickly became out of breath from the concentration and effort I was putting in and I had to back off. I smiled to hide what I was thinking about. 

"I don't think we want our first time to be in a tiny airplane bathroom," I giggled at him. Marcus got a mischievous smirk on his face as he brushed his lips past my neck.

"That sounds..." he swept his teeth across my ear, causing chills to go down my spine. 

I smiled and put my hands on his chest, pushing him away softly, "To you, maybe. To me? Not so much," I admitted. Marcus smiled. I rested my hands on his chest, nerves beginning to grow in my stomach as I asked the most important question. 

"So, how are we going to get out of this bathroom without someone noticing that there are two people in here, huh?"

N/A  I have never thought that anyone could actually make it into an airport bathroom without someone noticing that someone else was in there, and what happens when the line is there when you come out and someone actually witnesses that there were two people in there?

More importantly, what would you do if you were the person that witnessed it? I'd give em a high five and then go wash my hands 5 times before I even sat down to use the rest room. 

Love you guys :)