Chapter 24 - Necessary Bruises

Robert left the kitchen and I turned to see Marisa standing at the counter, not sure what to do with herself.

"I'd follow him if I were you," she said quietly, and I turned on my heel and walked after the man that I despised the most in this moment. We walked past the usual office and instead went downstairs to where I had been earlier that morning.

"What are we doing down here?" I asked, looking around to see that no one else was here. Robert took me over to where there was a table, and when I got closer I saw one of the photos hat had been taken that morning. "Why is that here?"

"You told me once that you would do anything to get your father back." He was now studying the top picture, one where I was looking up and most of my face was in view.

"Yes."

"Good, remember that after this."

"After what-" Robert quickly turned around and connected his fist with the right side of my jaw. I fell to the ground with a scream. Pain exploded behind my jaw and radiated at once throughout my neck and shoulder. It was like my nerves didn't think my brain was getting the message so they called in their neighbors to help, but it was just bombarding my brain.

I looked up to see that Robert was back to studying the photos, and I used my hands to push my body weight back onto my legs.

"I knew you had issues, but I think you just upgraded to asshole."

"Your idea was good for the time, but now that your dad knows you are taken, he wants to get you back. If he sees you before then and you don't have bruises, it is going to be harder than if you do."

"So what, you're plan was to bring me down here and beat me. You didn't think that I would say no?"

"If you care about your dad you won't."

"You act as if your intentions are so pure. You only want him back to get revenge."

Robert turned from his pictures and walked closer to me, but I backed off. "You act like you are the only thing that your father wants. He loved this gang, even if you can't wrap your idiotic mind around a gang. He made this family, and your feelings are getting in the way."

"My feelings? I am so sorry that my lack of liking torture is getting in your way. I'll rethink my priorities the next time I get a minute." I had officially hit the wall and Robert was a few feet away from me.

"I am sick of you getting in the way of what needs to be done. My son had the same flaw when he didn't take my advice and kill you, but what can you do. Kids will be kids."

"You are no better than Newman. You will use people to do whatever you need no matter what happens to them."

"Don't act like you know anything about this. In your head you think that your father is going to come home and everything is going to be the same. You think that you are still going to be the center of his world, but now that you know about this he is no longer going to have to keep the facade of a loving father up. You are going to realize that he is just like me, and in the end, he only cares about what is best for this gang."

"Go to hell," I replied. He was now as close to me as Newman's guy had been seconds before he tried to rape me.

"Hate me all you want. I don't care about what you think of me-"

"I'm sure that you believe that, but I am also sure that you care about what Marcus thinks."

There was a falter in his serious expression, but it was gone quickly, "Marcus may think he has feelings for you, but he doesn't. He won't ever love anyone ever again."

"Just because you fucked up doesn't mean that it can't be fixed. I care about him, and whatever walls he has put up because of Leila I promise they will come down."

Robert didn't say anything as he stood there. I walked to the left of him, my heart slowing a little as I was no longer pinned up against the wall.

"What did my father say?" Robert didn't say anything to me so I turned around to look at him. "He must have said something for you to have taken me downstairs to beat me up."

"He and I are going to meet tomorrow. He thinks that we are going to Newmans after, but you are going to be coming with us in order to show him that you aren't being tortured."

"Than what the hell is the point of punching me?!"

"There's a chance that the Newmans have seen what we posted. If they had, then they might try ambush and get him to turn on us."

"I'm still not following," I said.

"If you're beaten up, and the Newmans try to say that we did it, your father isn't going to believe them and he is going to come with us."

"Your plans suck," I told him blatantly. "You never think of the way that doesn't hurt anyone. You think of the ways that are just going to get the job done. You could have told him that you had rescued me and now I was questioning everything about the gangs and he would just come here to try and explain things to me."

I was surprised to see Robert furrow his eyebrow.

"Tell him that I showed up on your door step having escaped and now was asking questions." Robert remained silent. "And the only reason I am about to say this is because if my father thinks that you lied to him I might never see your son again." Robert looked up at me with calculating eyes. "I'm going to need a couple more bruises."

N/A  How is Roseilin such a baddass bitch? Do we believe in the necessary bruises or is there something else that should have been done?

Hope everyone is having a great day. Love you guys :)