Chapter 34 - Gang Rival's Daughter

The radio went silent. The room was silent. I dared not look in the direction of Marcus. Half of me was hoping that Newman didn't see a value in me, but the other half knew that he wanted to taunt my father. He wanted my father to feel what Newman felt when his daughter was taken away from him.

I almost jumped as I heard the static return to the other end of the radio. "As you wish, Miss. Nethelee." Immediately, the men around us dropped their weapons.

"What have you done!" Marcus roared at me. I tried my best to keep my calm under his temper.

"Saved your ass by the looks of it." His eyes became fire, but it quickly died out. "It's okay, Marcus. You'll save me. You always do." He leaned down and kissed me desperately, but he was torn away by Robert and I by one of Newman's men. I struggled slightly against them but knew that I had signed up for this when I had bargained for my friend's lives. Soon, Marcus and the Theins were out of view. I was now alone.

"You'll be coming with me," my spine shriveled at the sound of the voice.

"I thought we left you tied to a tree," I turned around, saying to him. His lip had dried blood on it and I smiled at the sight of it.

"You should remember one thing," he said, pressing himself next to me and making my skin boil in repulsion. "If you don't want something coming back for you, you should kill it."

"Is that why I don't see a ring on your finger? I thought it was your poor manners," I quipped. He punched me, sending my head to the side before I caught myself and stood back up. I felt his hands slide up and down my body, lingering too long for a normal frisking. He took me away from the men that were holding both of my arms, leading me angrily down a hall that I hadn't seen but knew from the blue prints. It lead to another living room.

"Sit," he said, throwing me on the couch. I didn't complain, my muscles were aching anyways.

"How did you know I wanted a nap?" I asked in fake admiration. Before he walked away, he ordered two men to watch me.

"Zach," one of them called out, getting the man's attention again. I could tell he was none too happy that his name was used, but he didn't seemed to care too much. "What if she tries something?"

"Punch her. If she falls asleep," he grinned at me. "Wake her up feeling good." My upper lip drew into a snarl as he walked away. I didn't look at either of the men, only at the tv stand right in front of me. I could hear as the others were packing up the house, and I tried not to remember that in less than an hour I was probably going to be on the road, packed up with the rest of the girls with no way for anyone to find me.

I fiddled with my hands in my lap, turning the rings I wore every day of my life over and over again until I was rubbing the areas raw. I didn't take the off, though. If I forgot them then I would probably never see them again.

But if I left them...someone else could find them. A flash of one of my favorite movies spun through my head, and I could see the candy house that Hanzel and Grettle saw. But I didn't care about that. I cared about the trail they followed. The trail Marcus would follow.

I looked up to see that neither of the men were focused on me, though they had their hands on their guns. I almost wanted to smile knowing they thought of me highly enough to be on alert, but instead I slowly started taking off all four rings on my fingers. Then I reached down slowly and unclipped the anklet from my ankle. With sad fingers, I reached up and undid the chain of the necklace that Marissa had given me and put everything in my pocket. It wasn't a lot, but maybe it would help in them finding me.

"Mr. Newman, she's right in there," it was Zach's voice that lead Newman to my room. I didn't dare look up to see Newman standing there. I didn't want to see the face of the person that was going to do cruel things to me.

"It's been so long, Roseilin," he said, walking closer to the one spot I was looking at. His legs came into view, and then he crouched, forcing me to look at him. "You and your boys left quite a mess. Killed quite a few good men. Too bad they aren't here to pay up."

"Like you haven't killed," I spat at him.

"I never said that. I can say that I have never killed a gang rival's daughter, but I'm sure I will scratch that off my list soon enough." Newman stood up, breaking contact as I struggled to stay calm in light of his words.

"How close are we too being packed?" Newman asked.

"Almost done. The girls will have to be moved up right before we go, and after that we are finished." I gawked at the speed they packed an entire house up. I thought I had more time, but I didn't. I was going to be moved to my death sooner than anticipated.

"Good. Put Roseilin in the back with them. She should get a feel for a her new roommates before the move."

Zach walked over and grabbed my arm again, causing panic to flood through me at the thought of everything falling out of my pocket, but they stayed true. The men had already frisked me. They wouldn't do it again.

He lead me out to a van and shoved me through the back, closing the door before my fists had a chance to make contact. Instead, they hit the hard metal door causing pain to travel up and through my arm. I yelled, sliding down the side of the van and resting on the floor. If I was with the other girls then I wasn't going to be let out to go to the bathroom. Maybe that meant we were moving somewhere near by. Maybe that meant that they didn't care if they had to clean up piss later.

I groaned, feeling a screw in my lower back and shifting away from it. I quickly spun around, looking at the oversized screw that was holding part of the metal together. I started pulling at the edges, barely getting a grip each time but struggling for more. Finally, some of it gave and I was able to remove it, revealing a whole the size of my thumb.

My head snapped back, hearing the sounds of footsteps outside the van. I quickly spun and sat in front of the hole, putting my head on the back of the wall as the door squeaked open. Zach was there, his gun pointed at me as he filed the girls in one by one. They quietly took their place, looking lost and broken.

"Roseilin, I'd like you to meet your new bunk mates. Play nice," with that he closed the door, leaving the rest of us sitting on the floor of a gutted van.

N/A  And there is another installment. How are we doing so far?
Got any theories?
What do we think about the situation Roseilin is in now? How is it gonna end?
Love you guys :)