Chapter 3: Flights to L.A.

I lurv the title^^^

~x~

Charlotte POV

3:30 am

I wake up to pitch darkness. I suddenly remember that it's the day I leave my old life behind. I start my day with a bright smile and walk to the bathroom. I apply really light makeup and put my hair up in a high ponytail and walk over to my closet.

I decided to wear a tank top and cover that up with a lavender colored sweater. I wore black tights and my red Keds. I grab my suitcase and tiptoe down the stairs and run to the backyard. I check my phone and see that it is 3:55 am.

5 minutes later.

I receive a text from Anna.

Anna: Go to your driveway :)

Charlotte: okay

I pick up my suitcase and run to my driveway and see Anna in a car. I open the door and sit next to her.

"Who's driving?" I ask Anna pointing to the drivers seat.

"My brother, Shawn." she says.

"Uh okay." I say looking at the empty roads while we drove to the airport.

~

"Charlotte wake up!" someone says shaking me.

I open my eyes and see Anna grabbing my suitcase.

"Thanks." I say getting out of the car and rolling my suitcase to the elevator.

~

"Boarding Group 3 to Los Angeles, California." says a woman through the P.A. system.

(Idk I went on a plane a few weeks ago but I don't remember what they said)

"That's our flight." Anna says standing up. I follow her and give the woman my ticket. I look at her scan it and she hands it back to me. We walk to the plane and find our seats.

"6 hour flight." Anna says sliding her suitcase on the compartment on top of us.

~

"Anna! Wake up!" I say shaking her. "We landed!"

She opens her eyes and stands up. She grabs her suitcase and walks out of he plane. I follow her while fixing my ponytail.

"Where's the exit?" I ask Anna while she scans the airport. "I think it's that way." she says pointing to the elevator. "Alright." I say pressing the down button.

~

"Let's go to the hair salon." I say. "Why?" Anna asks me. "So no one knows that it's us. Remember We're staring a new life." I say. "Why are they're no taxis!" Anna says looking at the cars passing by us. "Why don't we just take a bus." I say walking to a bus stop. "oh." I hear Anna mumble.

~

"What color are you going to dye your hair?" Anna asks me. "How about platinum blonde." I say looking at my dark brown hair. "I was going to do metallic purple." she says. "Huh purple hair." I say.

"Hi! Welcome to Jenny's hair salon." says a girl with short red hair. "Can we dye our hair?" I ask her. "If course! What were you thinking?" she asks me smiling.

I think for a while. "Platinum blonde with mint green tips." I say. "Alright hun." she says. "Green eyes sit next to her." The girl says.

~

"Bye!" I say waving goodbye while Anna closes the door. "You look different. But you still look like Charlotte Crawford. Maybe change your eye color." Anna says studying me. "And you also need to change your style. I'll bring you shopping to." Anna says

~

1 week later...

I wear my new dress that Anna bought me with a lace cardigan and red flats. I stare at myself in the mirror.

"Alright. Hi! My name is Lacey Lowe. I have blonde hair and blue eyes." I say and sigh. Even though in legally Lacey Lowe I'm still Charlotte Crawford. I walk outside and see Anna sitting on the couch watching netflix.

"Hey Anna. Uh I mean 'Michelle Parker.'" I say using air quotation.

"Hey 'Lacey Lowe'." she says. "You're eyes are literally the prettiest things ever. Way better than Nash."

I cringe when she says Nash.

"Still adjusting to you're brown eyes and purple hair." I say.

"I'm hungryyyyy!" Anna says.

"Then get you're lazy ass up! Leggo to Starbucks." I say unlocking my phone.

~

"Alright let's go." Anna says running down the stairs.

~

"What can I get for ya?" asks a girl with big brown eyes. "Can I have a Venti Passion Fruit Tea." I say. "What's you're name?" She asks me getting a sharpie and a cup. "Char-Lacey. Lacey." I say. "Char-Lacey? Or just Lacey?" She asks me laughing. "Lacey." I say as she writes 'Lacey' on the cup. I walk over to the table and look at Anna as she says 'Vanilla Bean Frap with Caramel Drizzle' I can read lips pretty well.

~

"Alright...lets sum up our new lives here." Anna says drinking her trap.

"Well we changed...litterally." I say as I fix my straw

Anna looks up and hits me really hard on the arm.

"Oh what? "

"N-nash."

"Whadya mean?"

*

HIYA