"How? There's nothing to do in town and going to the arcade everyday is going to get boring eventually."

The lavender haired Saiyan smirked. "Well lucky for us all I have an idea. When we got back in town, Mom needed to stop at the store. As we were going in Bulla happened to spot a poster for the annual carnival. It started two nights ago and ends in a week or so."

My face lit up. "A carnival? Really?"

Nodding, Trunks says, "Yeah, you bet. Like I said, there's one every year. I think it's earlier this summer, but who cares? If you're interested, we can gather everyone up and head out. It opens at five."

I glance over at the stove clock. It read 4:19. By the time we got ready and headed out it'd be open.

I grinned. "Hell yeah! Let's do this!"

"Aunt Moona, where are we going?" Gaea complained as we left Uub's house.

"I've already told you, it's a surprise," I told her, looking over my shoulder as we followed Trunks towards the empty field that was hosting the carnival.

It hadn't taken much convincing to get everyone on board with our plan. They were as eager to get out of the house as I was. They didn't even care that Trunks and I had left out where we were going.

Gaea pouted and crossed her arms. She didn't like not knowing, but I knew she'd enjoy all the rides.

"Can you at least tell us how much farther?" Uub asked from beside her.

"Just a few more minutes," Trunks called back, his hair whipping around his face.

Conversation halted at that, each of them trying to figure out where we were going. I couldn't keep from smiling. I was really excited. I hadn't been to a carnival since I was younger than Gaea.

Finally, you start to hear the music. Another two football fields and you could see the rides.

"I forgot about the carnival!" Nate exclaimed, already grinning ear to ear.

"Whoa! This is awesome!" Goten laughed, flying faster. I grinned as he passed me. Uub and Gaea were right behind him.

In minutes the seven of us had landed and were in the admissions line. Gaea jumped around, waiting impatiently.

"We gotta try that one! Oooooh! And purple spinney one I saw coming in! And that slide looks awesome!" She pointed to different rides as she spoke, getting more and more excited by the minute. I chuckled.

"You can them all if you want, Gaea. As long as you and Uub promise to behave, you can go off and do whatever you want."

Uub grinned and nodded his thanks while Gaea hugged me then the dark skinned boy. "This is gonna be awesome!"

We moved through the line quickly, each of us getting an all night wrist band. Gaea and Uub muttered a goodbye before disappearing into the mix of people. That left six of us.

"So what first?" Bulla asked, looking around at the rides.

"Why not the Ferris Wheel? That way we can scout out what's here and make a game plan?" Nate suggested, looking at our group to see if anyone disagreed. When no one did, we headed off the the giant wheel.

Like the admissions line, this one moved quickly. Soon we were at the front of line, waiting for our turn on.

When it finally came, we split into twos. Bulla and I in one car; Goten and Nate in another; and Trunks and Mar in the last one. In moments, Bulla and I were far off the ground.

I peered cautiously over the edge, checking out all the different rides. I froze when the ride halted.

Bulla looked at me strangely. "Are you..." She trailed off, her eyebrows knitting together.

"You're afraid of heights," the blue haired girl said. "I remember now. Three years ago, when we went to the pool. You told us there."

I nodded somberly, doing my best not to move the ride while it was stopped.

"But you fly. Doesn't that bother you?"

I shook my head. "I'm in control. I know nothing will happen. Something like this - where I'm not in control - scares me. I worry about falling." I shrugged. "It's a stupid, irrational fear."

The Ferris Wheel shuddered and started moving. As we descended from the top, I closed my eyes, telling myself that it was alright.

"Rosey, it's okay that you're afraid of heights," Bulla says. I open an eye and look at her.

"It's stupid and irrational," I repeat, closing my eye again.

"So is being afraid of the dark."

This time, I opened both my eyes. I looked at her.

"You're afraid of the dark?" I asked, surprised. Bulla shrugged.

"Always have been. I shit you not I still have one of those night lights that you plug into the wall. It's stupid and irrational. After everything that we've been through and I can't handle a room with no light? But I can't help it. It's just who I am. And being afraid of heights is you."

I sat ridged for a few more seconds before I slowly let my body relax, molding to the seat. My friend smiled.

"You may not be able to help it, but that doesn't mean you have to let it rule you."

Now it was my turn to smile. "Thanks, B. I appreciate it."

"Anytime, hun."

After that the Ferris Wheel didn't seem as bad. I helped scope out the area for potential rides and games for the night. When it was over, we regrouped and reported out findings.

"I saw a Tilt-a-Whirl and a Sizzler over that way!" Goten said, pointing to the left.

"Round-up, the Zipper, and Whirlwind were over that way," Trunks says, pointing the opposite way.

"Rosey and I found the bumper cars and pirate ship," Bulla injected.

"All the games are by the food," Mar stated.

"I watched the swings take off over by the Galaxy Rush and Phoenix," Nate tells us. "I think that's everything but the kiddie rides."

"What first, then?" my brother asked, his excitement catching on. Trunks grinned largely.

"The Zipper."