30

• sur·prise [sə(r)ˈprīz] - an unexpected or astonishing event, fact, or thing •

When Jimin got home from the cafe—after purposely stalling to let Jeongguk and Taehyung think that he wasn't aware they were spying on him earlier—he giggled at the heavily breathing boys on his couch.

He eyes the two balled up trenchcoats in the chair next to them.

"So Jimin...how did it go?" Taehyung asks innocently, his breathing still heavy from sprinting up the stairs seconds ago.

Jeongguk glares from beside Taehyung and clenches his fist while saying, "Did he hurt you? Did he touch you?"

"You guys don't have to pretend you weren't there. You're disguises weren't that good," Jimin laughs out, his eyebrow lifting up in amusement.

"Damn. You caught us..." Jeongguk responds with a overdramatic pout on his lips.

Jimin plops down in between Taehyung and Jeongguk and sighs with a laugh. He wraps his arms around the two boys and smiles.

"I'm glad you guys were there. Makes me feel safe." Jeongguk and Taehyung both take the opportunity to squeeze Jimin in a hug.

"We had to look out for you. Especially since I was the one who started all this..." Taehyung trails off, clutching his bandaged hand.

"No, this wasn't your fault. I'm the one who led him there! Basically dragged him right to Jimin," Jeongguk responds, patting Taehyung on the shoulder. "I take the blame."

Jimin speaks up from in between them, "No one is to blame. It would have happened no matter what. He was already on his way to the hospital when he met you, Jeongguk. And Tae, you were just protecting me. I'm the only one to blame."

"No way," Taehyung and Jeongguk both retort in unison.

"Like you just said, no one is to blame. Anyways, it's all over now so we can stop worrying about it," Jeongguk finishes the argument.

After a brief moment of silence, Jimin speaks again, "Tae, what are you going to do while you're suspended? It's two weeks, right?"

"Yeah...I'll probably just, like, sleep, eat and play video games. Maybe throw in some wii sports for exercise. It'll be boring," Taehyung says as he rests his head against the edge of the couch.

"Should have let me take the blame, dummy." Jimin punches Taehyung on the arm, earning a slight squeak from the boy.

"Hell no. Without being able to do surgeries you would probably die or some shit. I'll make it." Taehyung smiles.