27

• found [found] - having been discovered by chance or unexpectedly •

Jimin could only stand still. He couldn't get himself to move. The sirens of the ambulances were blaring outside the hospital, and there was only more that would follow. He had to move.

He turned around and looked at the already full emergency room. Jimin looked over the cuts and burns and the crying children. His legs began to move but it felt as if he was just floating, not really in control of his movements.

Jimin wanders around mindlessly, just walking forward as other doctors bump into him and scurry past unbothered.

Taehyung catches Jimin by the shoulder in passing, and concern quickly covers his features.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Taehyung cups his hands on Jimin's cheeks, looking right into his dark eyes. A slight pink covers Taehyung's cheeks but he continues to fill with worry as he looks at Jimin's watery eyes.

"Tae...his bike. It was there. It's his. I know it was. It was him and I-and I don't know what to do!" Jimin's eyes brim with tears which then begin to escape and fall down his cheeks and over Taehyung's hands, which were still placed on the sides of Jimin's face.

Taehyung gives Jimin a sad look before pulling him into a tight hug.

He rests his chin on the top of Jimin's head and says gently, "You really care about him, don't you?"

Taehyung feels as Jimin nods into his chest, his tears quickly turning the fabric of his scrubs dark.

"We'll look for him, don't worry. Every patient will come through here at some point, so if he was there he'll eventually be here. We'll find him, okay?" Jimin nods again and wipes the tears from his face, taking a deep breath to calm himself down.

Taehyung suggests that Jimin just sticks to helping with smaller injuries, cuts needing stitches, burns that need to be iced and simpler stuff like that. He wanted Jimin to be as close to the door as possible, so he would be the first to see if Jeongguk came through those doors. He was just hoping that Jimin wouldn't have to see Jeongguk come in on a stretcher again.

Jimin took to busying himself with stitches on a woman whose arm had gotten cut open against the asphalt during the crash. She was one of the lucky ones.

As the doors continuously opened, with the sirens only getting louder over time, Jimin was only listening for one phrase: male in his twenties, motorcycle crash.

The only thing worse than waiting to hear that sentence, was thinking that he might never hear it. That Jeongguk was dead and lost in the raging fires of the crash.