13

• a·void [əˈvoid] - keep away from or stop oneself from doing (something) •

Jimin realized what he was doing after it was already too late. After making out with Jeongguk for a solid five minutes, Jimin pulled away and his mind cleared.

Jeongguk laid in his bed, watching Jimin's process of realization with a huge smile covering his face. Jimin turned a flaming red and looked wide-eyed at Jeongguk.

"I-I'm sorry! I don't know what came over me. You're a patient. You're my patient. I just blanked out and did that. I can't believe myself. Oh my god. I h-have to go," Jimin managed to stutter out through his embarrassment.

"Jimin. Just do it again."

Jimin stared at Jeongguk, considering it. He looked down to Jeongguk's lips and then back to his eyes. Repeating that process three more times. Jimin let out a distressed sigh before slapping both sides of his face slightly and taking a deep breath. He opened his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Mr.Jeon. I was out of line and should be focusing on patient care. I must not have gotten enough sleep. I can assure you that it won't happen again. Sorry to bother you." Jimin turned and walked out the door without waiting another second.

The next morning Jimin walked into Jeongguk's hospital room and avoided eye contact.

"Good morning, Mr.Jeon. I'll just be checking your status for right now and then I'll be out of your way. Later, we will resume where we left off with walking." Jimin walked over to the edge of Jeongguk's bed, examining the monitors.

"Jimin, you don't have to act like this. Can we go back to the way we were?"

Jimin glances at Jeongguk warily.

"Mr.Jeon, I'm not sure what you mean. We were always like this." Jimin places a polite smile on his lips despite the sorrow in his eyes.

"No, Jimin. We weren't. You didn't use all that 'Mr.Jeon' crap before. Don't start now. We don't have to do any of that stuff again, I'm sorry I ever did it." Jimin's heart dropped, but he had to stay strong.

"What stuff Mr.Jeon?" Jimin watches the heart monitor, watching the sharp lines go across the screen, avoiding Jeongguk's piercing gaze.

"You know what I'm talking about. Can't we just go back to where I annoy you and make stupid jokes? I miss you, Jiminie."

"Miss me? But I'm right here, Mr.Jeon. I'm flattered that you enjoy my company as your doctor." Jimin again gives that small, polite smile to Jeongguk. "I must go attend to my other patients now. I will see you later." Jimin nearly makes it to the door before he hears the familiar sound of Jeongguk pulling out his IV.