24

• storm [stôrm] - a violent disturbance of the atmosphere with strong winds and usually rain, thunder, lightning, or snow •

Jimin was awoken with a bright flash of lightning and the booming echo of thunder. He sits up quickly, his heart rate skyrocketing because of the sudden noises. He involuntarily grasps onto the fabric of Jeongguk's sweatshirt, squeezing tightly and moving closer to the taller boy.

Jeongguk groggily rubs his eyes and takes notice of Jimin's frightened expression. His eyebrows crinkle up in concern as he raspily lets out, "Jiminie, what's wro—," He's cut off by a particularly loud strike of thunder which makes Jimin jump as he presses his face into Jeongguk's chest, visibly shaking. Jeongguk runs his hand through Jimin's thick hair comfortingly, whispering out reassurements.

"I don't wanna go to work..." Jimin huffs out, his little whimpers muffled by Jeongguk's chest.

"Then don't. Stay here with me, kitten." Jimin looks up at Jeongguk, his chin still resting against his broad chest, he forms his lips into a little pout as his cheeks redden slightly. Jeongguk playfully pinches his sides, making the smaller boy cry out in laughter.

"Ah! Stop it!!" Jimin breathily laughs out as he pushes Jeongguk's tickling arms away. His laughs are left to echo in the air as a white light flashes against their skin, lighting up the room, followed by an intense crack of thunder which makes it feel as though the walls were shaking around them.

Jimin jumps back into the safety of Jeongguk's arms, hugging him tightly. He feels as Jeongguk's strong arms wrap themselves around him, protecting him.

Jimin lets out a shaky breath and sadly whines, "But I have to go." A frown covers his face as he nervously looks out the window at the pouring rain. "I have lives to save." Jimin pushes up from his cuddly position and sits on the edge of the bed.

Jeongguk's arms sneak around Jimin's waist as he attempts to get up. Jimin feels as Jeongguk presses his lips to the back of his neck. Goosebumps appear all down his neck and across his arms as he feels the warm, slow breaths of Jeongguk against his bare skin.

Jeongguk leans up and huskily whispers into his ear, "But I want you to stay here and cuddle." His lips slightly graze the bottom of Jimin's earlobe and he feels him shudder slightly. A smile covers Jeongguk's face as he feels the heat of Jimin's blush reach his neck and the tips of his ears, turning them red.

"I have to go..." Jimin turns his head to look at Jeongguk and ends up being centimeters away from his face, Jeongguk's breath lightly hitting Jimin's heated face.