26

• ter·ror [ˈterər] - extreme fear •

Jeongguk wakes up before Jimin does. He rubs his eyes as the soft morning light hits his face. He stretches in his place before quietly moving off of the bed, leaving Jimin peacefully sleeping. Jimin's alarm will go off in a few hours for work but Jeongguk had some business to attend to.

He shuffles over to a stack of journals on Jimin's desk and flips to an empty page in a light purple one. He grabs a pen and scribbles something down quickly and leaves it on Jimin's bedside table.

He swiftly leans down and presses a kiss to Jimin's forehead, the boy mumbles slightly in his sleep before turning over and covering his face with the blanket. Jeongguk holds back a giggle and gently opens the door and closes it behind him, careful not to make any loud or sudden noises.

Jimin wakes up to his alarm a few hours later. He rolls over to try and cuddle into Jeongguk but finds only the cold side of the other bed. His eyes open as his brows crinkle in disappointment. His expression fades as he notices the purple spiral notebook opened up on his bedside table.

He leans over and takes the notebook in his hands, looking over the messy writing on the page.

Kitty,
I have a surprise for you later! Have fun at work and if you need me I'll be at the mall. You have my number if there's any emergencies ;)

Your boyfriend,
Jeongguk🖤

Jimin smiles down at the paper, tracing the small heart next to Jeongguk's name with his finger. He sets the notebook back down on the table. He stretches out his arms and legs, much like a cat stretching after waking up from a long nap.

Jimin slowly pulls on some comfy clothes. His heart was slightly racing as he made a small breakfast, the thought of seeing his boyfriend later running through his mind. He couldn't help his excitement.

Jimin lets his mind wander slightly, thinking about how much he and Jeongguk had gone through over the course of a few months. He thinks of the way Jeongguk always did anything to see him, thinks about the way Jeongguk's beautiful smile covered his face when Jimin finally gave him attention. He thinks about how that same Jeongguk who he saw lying dead on the operating table was now here and fully alive, and his boyfriend.

Jimin gets pulled out of his thoughts when he realizes milk is pouring out of his glass and onto his hand.

"Ah, shit," he mutters, grabbing a handful of paper towels to clean up his mess.