22

• ac·quaint·ed [ə-ˈkwān-təd] - having personal knowledge of something ; having seen or experienced something •

Warning: This chapter contains themes of abuse, both mental and physical. Please do not read this chapter if these topics make you uncomfortable.

Jimin, now able to enjoy the motorcycle rides to some extent, admires the sky flying high above them as they ride down the street. Jimin feels the air blowing his locks begin to fade as they slow down, eventually coming to a stop in front of a small building huddled in between two others. You could almost miss it if you were going too fast.

The thin brick building had a bright blue door whose bell rang out as the two pushed their way inside, taking in the faint aroma of cinnamon. Seats were scattered around the length of the room, boiling coffee makers bubbling along the side and pastry holders filled to the brim with assorted muffins, cupcakes and brownies. Jimin's eyes lit up as he examined the shop.

"It's so cute!" He bounces up and down excitedly while clapping his hands.

Lost in admiring Jimin's reaction, Jeongguk knocked into a chair and caused it to clatter to the ground, startling the few inhabitants of the cafe. Jeongguk looks down in embarrassment and softly apologizes to the other people, quickly ushering Jimin towards a table to await for their order to be taken.

Jeongguk orders a coffee with a few sugars and Jimin decides to order the sweetest thing on the menu, a small pastry in the shape of a bunny rabbit filled with jelly and iced to perfection.

He's so excited about his little dessert that he doesn't notice the glare Jeongguk gives the waiter for staring at Jimin like he was the most precious being in existence. Only he could look at him like that.

Once the waiter walks away after visibly flinching at Jeongguk's intense stare, Jeongguk looks to the smiling Jimin and clears his throat.

"So, Jiminie...got any questions for me? We can go back and forth to get to know each other!" He smiles cheekily and Jimin taps his chin in thought.

"What's your favorite color?"

"Black," Jeongguk replies without hesitation.

"That's boring." Jimin furrows his eyebrows, disappointed in Jeongguk's color choice.

"Fine. What's your favorite color?"

Jimin smiles and immediate answers, "Yellow!"

Jeongguk's watches Jimin's eyes light up as he responds, "Then that's my favorite color, too." A slight blush decorates Jimin's cheeks.