42. Hidden Identity and First U.S Gig

Brenna and Sam grabbed both of my arms pulling me back from the balcony. They pulled me back to my room and locked the door behind us. "Jess you can't mention you being adopted by Ashton. She has no idea that he adopted you. She probably won't recognize you either because it's been so long. So just play it cool and don't bring it up until Ashton gives the ok." Sam said to me as her and Brenna stood in front of the door so I couldn't get out.

"Fine, fine. I will wait for Ashton to tell me that it's ok to tell her. We will both have to do it anyway since he was the one who found me and adopted me. You guys don't have to worry I won't say a thing to her." I layed back on my bed and heard Sam and Brenna sit beside me. I got up and told them I was going to go and meet the other moms. If Anne Marie asked about me I was just going to say that I was Michael's girlfriend and came on tour with them. Supposedly Mama Joy and Mama Karen already knew who I was, just as Mama Liz knew.

"Ok just make sure you don't let anything slip and try not to stand too close to Ashton because you guys do really kind of look alike. She would be able to tell right away and I'm pretty sure that's not what you want to happen. And try not to laugh at the same time either. You guys are a lot alike and it would be obvious, so stay on the safe side and keep a little distance while she is here." Brenna said as we all walked out of the room going down the stairs to where everyone else was sitting. I noticed that Mama Liz had come back.

I sat down with Michael and he wrapped his arms around my waist giving me a little squeeze. I flinched from the pain but quickly covered it up with a smile. I remebered that I would have to change the bandage in a little while to keep the cuts clean so they wouldn't get infected. I turned to the rest of the group as Brenna and Sam took seats next to Luke and Ashton. Michael gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and a smile. I looked to see all of the moms smiling at us. I noticed that Anne Marie was looking back and forth from Ashton to me. I quickly hid my face in Michael's chest while cuddling into him.

I slowly felt myself start to doze off with the mom's talking in the background. I heard Michael tell them that he was going to carry me to bed, and he picked me up bridal style and carried me up to my room. I didn't want to admit it, but I was scared that he was going to drop me because I'm heavier than the normal girl and didn't want him having all that extra weight to carry up steps. He gently pulled back the comforter on my bed and laid me lightly on the mattress. He pulled the sheets up over me and then gave me a light kiss before turning out my light.

About two hours later I woke up because Sam and Brenna had ripped the sheets off my bed and were telling me it was time to wake up because the boys had a concert to play at The Staples Center. The two girls helped me up out of bed and practically carried me to the bathroom. Brenna grabbed my new bandage, the tape, and the gauze wrap while Sam wet a wash cloth to wash away the extra blood that had gotten onto my skin. I took the wash cloth and dabbed away the blood after I had taken off the bandage.

I dried them carefully with a towel and then applied the bandage and the tape. I finished by wrapping it with the gauze and going to my closet to look for something to wear to the concert. Brenna had picked out a oversized gray sweater and Sam handed me a pair of white shorts that had rips in them. I found my pair of white vans and got dressed ready for the concert. Thanfully, the sweater that Brenna had chosen hid the bandage outline so no one would know except them that it was actually under there.

We left my room and went down the stairs and outside to the driveway where there was a car waiting for us. I sat next to Michael in the very back of the car while Ashton, Sam, Calum, and Brenna sat in front of us with Luke in the passenger seat. The mom's were taking a seperate car so we didn't all have to cram into one. We talked about how amazing it was going to be and just anything that came to our minds. It was about a twenty minute drive and finally we got to the Staples Center. All of us hopped out and us girls immediately went inside while the boys took a little longer because they had to unload their instruments.

"I wonder if the fans in America will be any different from the fans in Aus." Brenna said as we all went to find the dressing room where we would stay before the show.

"Trust me, it's a lot different." I said as we opened the doors to one of the biggest dressing rooms I had ever seen.

**** YAY UPDATE comment and vote and yeah ****