40. Hospital Trip

I jolted awake from a nightmare and clutched my side as I could feel some of my cuts tear open.  I managed to get out of Michael's grasp without having him wake up.  I ran upstairs to the bathroom and pulled up my shirt to see blood soaking through the bandages.  I grabbed a towel and carefully took off the bandages and placed the towel over it to hopefully help stop the bleeding.  

"Jess, are you in there?"  I heard Luke's groggy voice say.  I could hear him trying to get the door open. "Jess open the door."  Luke said as he sounded much more awake but still kept his voice low.  I removed the towel and looked at the cuts.  I realized how deep some of them were and knew I was going to have to go to the hospital.  I didn't want Ashton or Michael to know, it would crush them because I basically lied to both of them. 

I slowly opened the door and let Luke into the bathroom with me.  I was holding the towel against my side still and he immediately came over and gently pulled it back.  He examined the cuts and looked up at me with a frown and tears in his eyes.  "Luke, I think I need to go to the hospital.  They've never been this deep before.  I don't want the other guys to know can you please take me?"  I asked him as he stood back up to his full height and rubbed his eyes.  

"Yeah sure.  Just make sure you keep the towel on them.  That will slow the bleeding.  Let's go."  He said as we both walked out as quietly as we could and made our way out the door without anyone waking up.  I kept the towel on my side as we got into the car and he drove us to the nearest hospital.  

"I need to see a nurse."  I said to the woman at the front desk of the hospital.  She looked down at my side and she saw the scars on my wrists.  She immediately led Luke and I to a room and told us that a nurse would be us with soon.  

I slowly peeled the towel off as the nurse walked in with a cart of supplies.  "Hi sweetie, ok so may I see them?"  She said as she put a pair of gloves on and then stood in front of me.  I lifted my shirt up, thank God I was wearing a bra, and turned my side so that she would be able to inspect the cuts.  She carefully touched my side and looked at the cuts.  "Ok so you're gonna lay down with your good side on the bed so I can clean these out alright?"  

I did as she said and adjusted my clothes so that I was still covered but my cuts were out in the open.  I saw Luke look away and pull out his phone.  I saw his thumbs typing away and knew he was texting Brenna.  He promised me on the way to the hospital that he wouldn't tell the guys unless I said it was ok.  

"This might sting but just try and stay still ok.  I promise it won't sting for very long."  The nurse said as she poured some alcohol onto a gauze pad and put on top of the cuts.  It hurt like hell and was stinging really bad but I stayed still.  After a minute she took it off and then made sure the cuts were clean.  She told me to stand up and hold my shirt up.  First she took a big piece of gauze and placed it on the cuts and put tape around the edges.  She then got a wrap and wrapped it around my waist and taped it so that the gauze had less of a chance of falling off.  After she was done, she gave me an extra gauze pad and wrap and a small roll of the tape.

"Thank you."  I said to the nurse as Luke and I walked out of the room.  I fixed my sweatpants so that they were back on my hips and adjusted my shirt so that it fully covered the bandage.  We walked back out to the car and we got in.

"Jess why did you do it?"  Luke asked me as he looked down and then at me.  

"When Michael and I were walking we got mobbed and then we got seperated.  A group of girls surrounded me and started saying the most horrible things to me..... and I believed them.  It felt like the orphanage all over again and I couldn't help it I guess."  I explained to him.  I saw him wipe away a few tears and that's when we were both crying.  I managed to calm myself down enough to stop crying and I helped Luke calm down too.

"I'm so sorry Jess.  I had no idea it was that bad."  Luke said as he looked at me one more time before he started the car and we made the drive back home.  We just listened to the music the whole time not saying another thing to one another.

Once we got back to the house I hopped out and went inside to see Michael still sleeping on the couch.  I quietly went back and laid next to him.  I tucked part of my shirt into my sweatpants so that he wouldn't know about it.  

"I'm Sorry Michael."

****** Yay double update woohoo hope you like it sorry it was just all about the hopsital and stuff but I thought that was the best thing for this chapter vote and comment if you liked it :) ******