28. Secret

Harry

Damn it! Why is everything so complicated? Zayn was about to seduce me and I would have loved to give in. Damn it! How many times have we been close to it? I long for Zayn and I cannot give in to my longing. Life doesn't mean it well with me. I can't explain to him why I keep rejecting him. Only Gemma knows and she's not telling my secret. Niall has been silent so far. It's a matter of time before Zayn finds out. Then he will hate me. I'm not a bad person, but I feel that way.

Until our exchange student showed up I had a normal life. I was emotionally balanced. Taylor doesn't mean anything to me. She's just there and we have fun together. We don't love each other. Niall knows and I don't get in the way of his perfidious plan. 

With Zayn's arrival, the tide turned. He quickly found out that I'm in love with Zayn. Since then my life is hell. Niall is not in love with anyone. He doesn't know what love means. Zayn is in his way. That night in the club, he deliberately chose Zayn to get to know him. If Niall is officially with Zayn, It can't be me. Niall eliminates any risk so his plan doesn't fail. 

Two years ago Niall and I were inseparable. We were the best friends and trusted each other implicitly. At some point, Gemma fell in love with him. That didn't harm our friendship - on the contrary. He became an important part of the family. We all had a wonderful time together until the terrible incident had changed all of our lives - and most of all mine.