Chapter Twenty; Not A Toy

**Brantley's P.O.V.**

Jake and I went into the living room and I don't really do talking unless it's Angel or my family. So I just kinda threw the question out there.

"Do you like Sarah or are you just sleeping with her?" I asked bluntly.

"Little bit of both." Jake said shrugging.

"What the hell? Get your shit straight. You can't just sleep with a girl." I said realizing that actually made me mad.

"She doesn't stop me. Come on dude, you're telling me that if Carter offered it up to you when y'all would hang out, you'd've told her no?" Jake asked.

"Hell yeah I would've said no. Girls aren't toys you can't just turn them on and play with them for awhile and then just put them back in the toy box." I said getting a little pissed that he would talk about Carter like that.

"I'm not puttin her back. I'm gonna play with her till she's done with me." Jake said with a sly smirk. That really pissed me off woman need to be treated with respect. I didn't even realize my hand had turned into a fist.

"What the hell? That's wrong man. She's a woman and needs to be treated with respect. So why don't you grow a pair and treat her with some." I said backing away from him a little knowing if another smart remark came outta his mouth I was gonna punch him.

"Why do you mean? Sarah doesn't want to do anything besides have sex with me." Jake said. He's a dumbshit. I swear Sarah can do way better than this asshole.

"She doesn't want anything other than sex huh? If she just wants sex why are you still here? Why didn't she kick you out?" I asked him.

"I don't know." Jake said.

"Exactly man the hell up." I said walking out of the living room. I figured the girls went upstairs so I went ahead up there. I knocked on Carter's door and waited for an okay.

**Carter's P.O.V.**

Sarah and I were laying on my bed waiting for the guys to be done talking.

"Your happy." Sarah said poking my dimple.

"No shit." I said slapping her finger away.

"How long?" Sarah asked. I knew she meant how long have I liked Brantley.

"Since like the first week we actually hung out." I said admitting something I never had before.

"Damn! How the hell did you manage it for so long?" She asked.

"Lots of hard work." I said honestly.

"I wish I had a guy like that. Someone to be my best friend and my boyfriend." Sarah said rolling onto her back.

"I just got lucky. Yesterday was an awkward day for me." I said not looking at the floor.

"What happened?" Sarah asked.

"Reliving prom night wasn't the first time Brantley tried anything." I said.

"Spill!" Sarah said rolling over so she was looking at me.

"We went to Becky's for lunch and after lunch we went up to his old room and laid there a few minutes and Brantley tried to kiss me. I was about to kiss him back but I couldn't do it. I was to scared to kiss him." I said and looked at Sarah to see if she was listening to me.

"Go on." She said rolling her hand.

"I'm still scared of this. Brantley and me. What if it ends badly? I'm gonna lose my best friend. I made him promise me that we will only let this effect us for the better but I'm still scared." I said rolling to my back.

"You'll be fine. You and Brantley were like made for each other. You're his like soft side to the whole bad boy thing. Like that Justin Moore song! What's it called again.." Sarah said racking her brain.

"Point at you?" I asked.

"Yeah! That one y'all like live that song." Sarah said. That made me smile and kind of feel better about this.

"Speaking of relationships.. You can do better than Jake. You know that right?" I asked looking at Sarah.

"No I can't. I'm not like you Carter. I'm not that sweet, innocent, do gooder that you are." Sarah said. If only she knew what Brantley and I used to do when we were younger.

"You're still a great person. I bet you'll find someone better than Jake and fall in love." I said. Sarah was about to say something but there was a knock on the door.

"Yeah!" I called out. Brantley came in and Sarah and I both sat straight up.

"What'd he say?" Sarah asked eagerly.

"Sarah you can do way better than him. If I was you I'd drop it." Brantley said telling her flat out.

"Is he really that bad or does he just not like me?" Sarah asked sounding a little disappointed.

"He's really that bad." Brantley said.

"I feel dumb." Sarah said.

"You're not dumb. You just don't have good guy sense." I said hugging her.

"You're right. I don't. Now if you don't mind I have someone to kick out." Sarah said getting up and leaving my room.

"And we have a date." Brantley said holding out his hand to pull me off my bed. I took his hand allowing him to pull me to my feet. He pulled me close and kissed my nose.

"Well let's go then." I said giggling and pulling Brantley behind me.

"Don't wait up!" I called out to Sarah.

Brantley and I went outside to his truck were he opened the door and helped me inside. I thanked him before he went over to his side and got in buckling his seatbelt and backing out of the driveway.