Chapter Eleven; New Prom Night

The ride back to Brantley's house was dead silent the radio wasn't even on. When Brantley pulled up in his driveway he got out of the truck not even waiting for me. I really made him mad I didn't even mean to. Why doesn't he see what I see? If things go wrong we lose what we have. We aren't Sarah and Jake we can't hate each other but still like they are. I went inside and sat on the couch unsure of where Brantley actually went. I felt the couch sink beside me so I looked over and it was Kolby. Kolby and I are the same age so we understand each other a little more.

"Help me out Kolbster." I said.

"With what?" He asked.

"Your brother." I said turning my body so I was actually facing him.

"What about him?" Kolby asked.

"Well we kinda almost kissed at your moms house." I said playing with my fingers.

"What!?" Kolby partially yelled.

"Shut up!" I said covering his mouth with my hands.

"And you need my help with that because?" Kolby asked once I removed my hands.

"Because now I think he's mad at me. I didn't do anything wrong but tell him we can't do that." I said.

"Why can't you? I don't see anything wrong with it." Kolby said.

"He's my best friend. If we do and it becomes something and that something ends we're gonna lose each other and I can't lose him Kolbster." I said looking down.

"You need to tell him that not me." Kolby said putting his hands up in surrender.

"Can you at least find out if he hates me?" I asked.

"I can do that but you're on your own for the other shit." Kolby said.

"Thank you." I said hugging him.

"No problem." He said getting up to find Brantley when I let go of him. I sat on the couch for what felt like forever when I heard both boys coming downstairs. I tried so hard not to look over their because I didn't want to see the look on Brantley's face.

"Come on. We're goin out." Brantley said. I looked at him in complete shock and he just raised his eyebrow and said "What?"

"I thought you hated me and now we are just goin out?" I asked.

"Stop bein such a girl. Come on." Brantley said waving his hand. I sighed but got up and followed him anyways. We went out to his truck and got in. I didn't bother asking questions since I wasn't all that curious as to where we were going. I was reading something about Jason Aldean on my phone when Brantley pulled to a stop I just figured we were at a red light or something.

"Are you ever gonna put that thing down?" Brantley asked.

"I'm reading about Jason Aldean." I said still not looking at him.

"Don't you even wanna know where we are?" Brantley asked. I looked up and we were at my old high school.

"What are we doing here?" I asked looking over at Brantley.

"Remaking a memory." Brantley said before getting out of the truck. What in the hell is this boy doing? He walked over to my side and opened the door for me. He helped me out of the truck and we walked to the school and through the front doors.

"How are they unlocked?" I asked.

"I made a few calls." Brantley said smirking.

"And you managed to get the doors unlocked?" I asked cocking an eyebrow.

"Uh famous remember." Brantley said.

"Shit. I keep forgetting that." I said shaking my head. Brantley chuckled and we walked into the gym.

"Why are we here?" I asked again.

"I already answered that." Brantley said taking my hand and spinning me in a circle. "Dance with me." He said smiling.

"There's no music." I said now smiling. Brantley pulled out his phone and played the first slow song we ever dancer to together. The Dane by Garth Brooks.

"Now there is." Brantley said holing out his hand. I giggled and took his hand we danced in the middle of the gym just like on prom night. Prom night. We're reliving that night.