Chapter Three; Modern Day Prodigal Son

When Brantley and I got inside it was so quiet. There was no one in here at all, it was kinda weird.

"What do you wanna see first?" Brantley asked looking at me.

"Whatever you wanna show me." I said.

"Alright. Follow me." Brantley said smirking and waving his hand for me to follow. He showed me the living room, the kitchen, his see through fireplace that he thinks is totally badass, the room he keeps the pictures kids give him and stuff like that, and he showed me the bathroom explaining where everything was even though I could clearly see it.

"Ready to go see upstairs?" He asked after explaining the contents of his downstairs bathroom.

"As long as it doesn't involve anymore explanations of where your bathroom utensils are." I said grinning.

"That's what makes it fun." Brantley said sliding past me to get out the door.

"I think you're gettin old." I said smiling.

"What?" He asked chuckling.

"Your idea of fun is telling me where everything is placed in your bathroom." I said smiling and pointing to the bathroom.

"Hell darlin, ya ain't seen nothin yet. Come on." He said grabbing my arm and pulling me upstairs with him. I just giggled but obviously followed since he was pulling me with him. He stopped pulling me when we got to the top of the stairs and let go of my hand. He showed me the guest bedroom that was currently packed with stuff, the closet that he pushed me in and held the door shut, Kolby's room that was a mess, their huntin room, his bedroom; that was really clean, but he had always kept his room clean, the bathroom that was inside his bedroom, the upstairs bathroom thankfully not explaining where everything was, and lastly he showed me his music room. He had his guitars, notebooks, pens, pencils, a couch, a chair, a coffee table, and a desk. He obviously had a stereo in here since he had CDs on the CD rack in the corner.

"Alright you got me in here. Let's here these two CDs of yours." I said sitting down on the couch.

"I'll play you a couple songs that way I got an excuse to get my best friend back over here." He said goin over to his CDs.

"Why don't you get me a sweatshirt or a long sleeve to give me more of an excuse?" I asked. Being in a bikini top and daisy dukes only stays warm for so long.

"Ya cold or somethin?" He asked glancing back at me.

"Nope I'm sweatin to death that's why I asked." I said smiling.

"Smartass. I'll get you one." He said smirking and walking out of the room. It's times like these when I'm glad I have a lifeproof phone case. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and checked my messages.

Sarah💋- Where you at? I'm about to head home.

Me- I'll be there later. I'm gonna hang out with Brant for a few.

Sarah💋- Alright. I still think you two need to have sex.

Me- Gross! He's my best friend!

Sarah💋- So? Jake is my ex and I can't stand him, but that didn't stop me from having some fun.

Me- You're gross. Goodnight.

Sarah💋- Goodnight.

I shook my head and put my phone back in my pocket right when Brantley walked in the door with a sweatshirt.

"Here ya go." He said throwing it at my face.

"Buttmunch. Sarah's going home, I told her I was gonna hang out a little longer." I said slipping the sweatshirt on over my head. I swam in this thing but it smelled so good and it was nice and warm.

"Alright. I'll follow you home when you're ready to leave." Brantley said putting a CD in.

"Cool. Which ones this?" I asked.

"Modern Day Prodigal Son." Brantley said grabbing the remote and coming to sit beside me.

"Do I get to hear that song?" I asked knowing it was one he wrote.

"Do you want to?" He asked looking at me. I nodded yes and he put it on we listened to Modern Day Prodigal Son, Play Me That Song, Live It Up, and Picture On The Dashboard. I was started to get tired so I figured I'd better get goin.

"Alright. I'm gettin sleepy. Follow me home." I said hitting Brantley on the chest and standing up.

"You awake enough to drive home?" He asked getting up.

"Yeah I'm good." I said smiling.

"Let me clear everyone out and we'll go." Brantley said. I nodded and we both exited the room and went back outside.