Chapter Twenty Eight; We Did It

Brantley and I went back downstairs to see how Ben and Sarah were getting along. We heard laughing in the living room and knew that was a good sign. I looked back at Brantley and smiled.

"Don't mind us. Just passin through." I said walking through the living room.

"What she said." Brantley said walking behind me.

"Stop. Brantley stay. Carter go." Sarah said getting up off the couch.

Sarah and I walked into the kitchen and I leaned up against the counter waiting for her to talk.

"I know you had something to do with this." Sarah said trying to be serious but she had a smile plastered on your face.

"Brantley might have mentioned something about his drummer being single." I said with a smile.

"Uh huh. Well thank you. He's so sweet but edgy and yet so innocent." Sarah said leaning against the counter.

"You're welcome. Now go!" I said pushing her back towards the living room.

"I'll send lover boy in here." Sarah said going back into the living room. I turned around to get a cup out of the cabinet.

"We did it." Brantley said coming in the kitchen and wrapping his arms around me.

"I know." I said turning in his arms.

"I should have been a relationship councilor." Brantley said. I laughed and shook my head slipping out of Brantley's grip and going to the fridge.

"Why are you laughin?" Brantley asked turning to look at me.

"Cause you'd be responsible for more divorces then Facebook." I said grabbing the two liter of Mtn Dew out of the fridge.

"You're probably right. Anyway, you wanna go out tonight?" Brantley asked.

"Like out where?" I asked hoping it wouldn't be fancy.

"We can go out to the dock or something." Brantley suggested.

"Yeah that'd be fun." I said putting the Mtn Dew back in the fridge.

"Alright. We'll leave when it gets dark." Brantley said taking my glass of Mtn Dew.

"Hey buttmunch. That's mine." I said putting my hands on my fist.

"Can't share?" Brantley asked handing my cup back to me.

"Nope. I failed that in kindergarten." I said with a smile before taking a sip of my soda.

"I'd believe it." Brantley said with a grin and small chuckle. I just glared at him and made my way out of the kitchen and to the back porch.

Brantley came out behind me and took my hand leading over to the porch swing. I set my glass down beside the swing and cuddled into Brantley's side.

"Bring something nice this weekend. We're gonna redo our first date." Brantley said running his fingers up and down my arm.

"Will do." I said simply but I was glad Brantley cared enough to actually redo our first date.