Chapter Sixteen; Fully Clothed

The next morning I woke up to the sounds of Brantley's soft snores. It was the cutest thing in the world he looked so not "hard ass-ish" in his sleep. I wasn't sure what time it was but it was bright outside I could see the sun shining through the curtains. I was already bored laying here watching Brantley sleep so I figured I should wake him up, pay back for yesterday but I was gonna nice about it and he has pants on.

"Brantley." I whispered softly getting no reaction from him.

"Brantley." I said starting to draw circles on his bare chest with my finger. He had stopped snoring so I wasn't sure if he was waking up or not.

"BrantBear." I said a little louder while still drawing circles on him.

"Mmm." Brantley groaned in response.

"Good morning boyfriend." I said smiling like an idiot.

"Mhm." Brantley mumbled. Alright as cute as sleeping Brantley is, these groans and mumbles have gotta go.

"Brantley Keith. Wake up." I said lightly hitting his chest. He opened one eye and looked at me.

"And if I don't, Carter Mae?" He asked.

"Then no kisses for you." I said rolling over so I wasn't facing him anymore.

"That means none for you either." Brantley said pulling my back into him.

"So? I can live." I said.

"Well I can't." Brantley said and I knew he was grinning. I could just tell he was.

"To bad." I said shrugging.

"Come on angel. I'm awake." Brantley said trying to get me to turn back to him.

"So when I roll over both eyes are gonna be open?" I questioned.

"Yes ma'am." Brantley said. I rolled over so I was facing him again and sure enough he had both eyes open and a sleepy grin on his face.

"Good morning angel." Brantley said grinning.

"Good morning BrantBear." I said smiling. Brantley put one of his hands under my chin and tilted it up placing a soft kiss on my lips. He pulled back much to soon so I put both my hands on either of his cheeks and kissed him one more time. I could get used to waking up like this.

"As much as I wanna cuddle with you, I really have to pee." I said climbing over Brantley and making my way to the bathroom, but not before slipping my jeans on. I went into the bathroom and did my thing before returning to the bedroom.

"I'm pretty sure your mom is makin breakfast." I said walking in the room and seeing Brantley on his phone.

"She probably is." He said not looking away from his phone.

"I'm gonna go find out." I said grabbing my phone and going downstairs. I had a hair tie around my wrist so I threw my hair up into a messy bun before getting downstairs.

"Kolbsters." I said when I saw Kolby sitting at the table.

"Hey Carter." He said briefly looking up at me. Wait for three, two, one. "Carter? What are you doing here?" Kolby asked focusing on me. I knew that was gonna happen.

"Brantley and I stayed here last night." I said taking a seat at the table beside Kolby.

"Oh. I wondered he got to. I'd take it everything worked?" Kolby asked smirking.

"You knew didn't you?" I asked.

"Are you surprised?" Kolby asked smiling now.

"Jerk! You should have told me!" I said pushing him.

"You wouldn't've gone if I'd've told you about it." Kolby said.

"How do you know?" I asked cocking an eyebrow.

"You got freaked out when he tried to kiss you. You really would've freaked if I told you he was gonna ask you to be his girlfriend." Kolby said which is true at the time I would've freaked, but after Brantley tell me how he actually felt I let my feelings for him come back.

"Yeah you're right." I said shrugging.

"Did I just hear you tell Kolby he was right?" Brantley asked walking in the kitchen.

"Yes you did." Kolby said. I just giggled and shook my head.

"Thought you said mom was cookin breakfast?" Brantley asked sitting down beside me.

"I figured she would be. It's like seven thirty." I said looking at the clock.

"She was just in the living room when I got here and that was like five minutes ago." Kolby told us.

"Calm down, I'm right here. I was waiting for everyone to be awake before I started cooking." Becky said walking in from the den.

"We wonder because we love you." Kolby said smiling in her direction.

"No y'all just want food. Brantley go out a shirt on son and Kolby take that hat off." Becky said pointing at Brantley and taking Kolby's hat off for him. I muffled a laugh and Becky eyed me pointing a finger in my direction.

"What? I'm fully clothed and no hat." I said standing up showing that I was in fact fully clothed.

"I'll figure something out." Becky said playfully narrowing her eyes at me. I just laughed at her and sat back down.

"Does Carter wearing my shirt count as her being dressed?" Brantley asked.

"Were you wearing that shirt yesterday?" Becky asked.

"No." Brantley said.

"Then she's fully clothed." Becky said smiling a butthole-ish smile at her son. You can't mix cuss words with things that have to deal with Becky unless it's hell then you can.

"They're just ganging up on you big brother." Kolby said smirking.

"I can see that. Only been a day and my girlfriends turning on me." Brantley said smiling at me.

"Sorry babe. Mama always wins." I said smiling at him. He just shook his head and gave me a quick kiss before going upstairs to put a shirt on.