Chapter Fifteen; Home To Mama

We pulled into his moms driveway and luckily the lights were still on so she was awake. We got out Brantley waiting for me at the front of the truck again. Instead of taking my hand this time he wrapped his arm around me.

"Two visits in one night. How lucky can a mother get?" Becky asked opening the door before we even made it into the porch.

"You're the luckiest mama in the world and you're about to be a happy one too." Brantley said smiling.

"Oh I am, am I? Well get your butts in here and tell me why." Becky said motioning for us to come inside. We all went and sat in the living room Brantley being the buttmunch that he is decided to sit in the chair instead of on the couch. So me being the girl I am sat on the couch and eyeballed him. After a minute I stuck my tongue out at him and he shook his head.

"Be nice." Becky said giving us a warning.

"Yes mama." We said at the same time.

"Why am I goin to be so happy?" Becky asked getting anxious.

"Well one your two favorite people are staying the night." Brantley said smiling a cheesy grin.

"Who are they?" Becky asked being sarcastic. I would say being a smartass but it's Becky and that just doesn't work for her.

"Really mama?" Brantley said all but rolling his eyes.

"I'm kidding baby. I'm glad y'all are staying it's like old times but the same rules still apply the door stays open." Becky said pointing a finger at us. Wonder if that rules about to change after Brantley tells her that we are together.

"I know mama. Now the other thing. Carter tell mama what i did." Brantley said looking at me. Way to put me on the spot asshole.

"Your son apparently has some romance in him. We went to my old high school and relived the homecoming night all over again, but the best part was this time he told me how he felt." I said smiling a stupid grin at Brantley.

"Does this mean y'all are finally together?" Becky asked.

"Finally? Not you too." I said.

"Sweetheart everyone knew you and Brantley would end up together but you two. My stubborn babies." Becky said smiling at us.

"Geez Brantley after hearing all this we sound really dumb." I said looking at Brantley who nodded in agreement.

"So mama are you happy?" Brantley asked.

"Of course I'm happy! You know I've been tellin you since the first time you brought Carter over here that you need that girl." Becky said smiling at me.

"BrantBear is that true?" I asked him.

"Yes it is angel. No matter how many times I told her we were just friends she kept pushin me." Brantley said smiling at his mom before looking at me.

"Guess I needed to push harder." Becky said and the three of us laughed. We stayed up a while longer reminiscing on events that took place at this house. It was actually crazy to think that all my best memories of growing up were here. Well not really growing up but my teenage years.

"Alright you two. This old lady is going to put her butt to bed. Since y'all are adults now I'm not gonna make you use separate blankets but that door stays open. Y'all ain't married yet." Becky said pointing a finger at us. She doesn't have to worry about that out of me. I promised my parents I wouldn't have sex until I was married and that's a promise I've kept and will continue to keep.

"We know mama. See ya in the morning." Brantley said hugging his mom.

"Goodnight son. I love you." Becky said.