Chapter Six; The Notebook

I woke up to a pillow hitting me in the face.

"Eggs are done." Brantley said. I groaned and got out of his ever so comfortable bed.

"Why does your bed feel like heaven?" I asked.

"I don't know. Put pants on and come downstairs." Brantley said leaving the room. I made that "mmm" noise and scrunched my face up. Someone's grumpy. I got a pair of sweatpants out of the draw and had to roll them like five times just to get them to wear I wasn't walking on them. I went downstairs and Brantley was sitting on the couch eating.

"Yours are on the counter." Brantley said.

"Okie dokie." I said walking behind him and rubbing my hand on his soft hair. I grabbed my plate and joined Brantley on the couch.

"So you kidnapped me. What do you plan to do with me?" I asked in between bites.

"Figured we could listen to the other CD and just chill for awhile." Brantley said putting his empty plate on the coffee table.

"I like the sound of that." I said smiling.

"Yeah just a laid back kinda day." Brantley said smirking.

"Laid back days are my speciality." I said. Brantley chuckled and shook his head.

"We should watch a movie!" I said excitedly.

"I guess. You can pick it." Brantley said pointing to the DVD rack in the corner. I put my plate on the coffee table and went over to the DVDs taking a seat in the floor looking at all of them.

"Not gonna ask why you have it, but we're watching The Notebook." I said getting up from the floor.

"Chick flicks are always good to keep in your home." Brantley said smirking.

"You're gross." I said giggling. He just laughed and shock his head at me.

I put the movie in and sat back down on the couch beside Brantley. About halfway through the movie I got tired of sitting up so I laid on Brantley's lap.

"You make a nice pillow." I said looking at the TV.

"Thanks." He said chuckling.

"No problem." I said smiling to myself. I couldn't help but think back to my dream that I had last night. I mean I guess I kinda have a thing for Brantley but only because I can talk to him about anything and he won't judge me. I'd never date him well at least I don't think I would. What am I doing?! Ugh! I can't even blame Sarah this time.

**Brantley's P.O.V.**

When Carter laid her head in my lap it took everything in me not to drape my arm around her waist. I've always thought she was beautiful but when I first met her she was young. Fifteen years old. I was eighteen there wasn't no way in hell I was gonna do that, but I didn't want to lose her so I made her my best friend. Then two years ago I did lose her she followed some guy to North Carolina who cheated on her. I wanted to beat his face in when Sarah told me about it. I was ready to drive to North Carolina, get Carter, beat the dudes face in, and then bring her back. Now that she's here and not leaving again I'm gonna try my damnedest to get out of the friend zone but it's gonna take some time. I finally worked up the courage and let my arm drape over her waist. She didn't seem to mind and if she did she wasn't saying anything. When the movie was over she rolled onto her back and looked up at me. I still had my arm around her and she still wasn't saying anything. Gotta be a good sign right?

"What now?" Carter asked.

"What do you wanna do?" I asked her.

"Uhmmmmm I have no clue. You pick." She said smiling. I can't help but smile every time she does.

"Wanna listen to the album?" I asked.

"Ugh. That's all the way upstairs." She said putting her arms over her eyes.

"I'll carry you." I said smirking.

"Ew no. I'm to heavy." She said moving her arms.

"Angel you ain't changed since I saw you two years ago and I could pick you up then." I said moving my arm from around her waist to under her legs.

"No up a flight of stairs." She said.

"Stop making excuses." I said getting off the couch with her in my arms in one quick motion. She squealed throwing her arms around my neck. I laughed at her and made my way to the music room.