Chapter Forty One; You Have To Share

Brantley and I were play fighting on the couch when there was a knock on the door.

"They're here!" I yelled jumping off the couch and running to the front door. I swung the front door open and a little brown haired boy launched himself into my arms.

"Calvin!" I yelled hugging him really tightly and spinning around in a circle.

"Aunt Tarter!" Calvin yelled through his laughter.

I pulled him away from me and say him on my hip, "I'm missed you more than you know."

"I missed you, too. Mommy needs help with our stuff." Calvin said pointing out the door.

"Brantley! Come help us!" I called out for Brantley.

"He's right there." Calvin said pointing behind me.

I turned around and smiled, "Oh, Cassidy needs help with the bags." I said and smiled.

"So I heard. Are you gonna introduce us?" Brantley asked.

I smiled, "Calvin, this is your Uncle Brantley. Brantley this is your nephew Calvin." I said introducing them.

"Hi, Uncle Brantley." Calvin said smiling and waved at Brantley.

"Hey there, nephew Calvin. Come here so I can hug you." Brantley said lifting Calvin out of my arms and giving him a huge hug.

"You're crushing my bones." Calvin said spazzing a little.

"He crushes me too." I said patting Brantley's arm before going outside to help Cassidy.

"Carter!" Cassidy yelled when she turned around. We hugged each other for a good ten minutes before even actually saying hello.

"I missed you beyond belief. I didn't have anyone to tell about my failed dating life." Cassidy said with a small laugh.

I laughed with her, "Well you can tell me all about it. I'm all yours." I said.

"No, you have to share." Brantley said walking up behind us with Calvin beside him.

"Babe, I sleep with you. Unless I'm in bed with Calvin I'll always be in your bed at night." I said looking over my shoulder at Brantley.

Brantley wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed the side of my head, "You better." He mumbled into my hair.

"You two are adorable and I've only seen you for five seconds. It makes me sick." Cassidy said turning back to her trunk.

Brantley and I busted out laughing and started to help Cassidy move things inside. Kolby was staying with his girlfriend tonight. He met her daughter and found out that she's a little tomboy and loves to get dirty.

"Let's go out to dinner." Brantley said out of the blue.

"Yeah!" Calvin said jumping out of my embrace. He was snuggled up to me on the couch.

"Fine by me." Cassidy said from the chair.

"I don't pass up on food." I said smirking.

"Alright. I'm driving." Brantley said twirling his keys on his finger.

We all loaded up in Brantley's truck and headed to the small diner in town. No one really bothered Brantley here since it's his hometown and people want him to feel at home. I like it that way, I've gotten a little more use to the fact that Brantley is famous now but I'm still not complete set on it.

"I'm sittin by Aunt Tarter." Calvin's voice said bringing me out of my thoughts.

"You gotta share her, too." Brantley said playfully pointing a finger at Calvin.

"Cal, let Uncle Brantley and Aunt Carter sit next to each other and you can sit across from Aunt Carter but next to mommy." Cassidy said.

Calvin huffed and shrugged his shoulders, "Alright. That works too, I guess." Calvin said taking his seat.

This really can't get any better my best friend, my nephew, and the love of my life are all here and present in my life. Coming home is probably the best thing I've ever done.