Chapter Ten; The Almost Kiss

After lunch Brantley and I went up to his old room and nothing changed. The bed was still on the right hand side of the room, his dresser on the left, and his computer desk at the foot of his bed. Brantley laid out on the bed and I sat at his desk. I looked around the room thinking of all the times I was the only girl in here sitting in this same spot watching the guys play their guitars or play video games.

"Why do you always sit there?" Brantley asked. I looked over at him and he was looking up at the ceiling.

"I don't know. I guess old habits never die." I said looking away from him.

"You said the bed at my house was like heaven. Lay on this one." Brantley said.

"That would require me to get up and climb over you." I said looking at him again.

"Stop being such a lazy ass." Brantley said. I sighed and got up climbing over Brantley; awkward, and then laid down beside him. This bed is pretty damn comfortable but not as comfortable as his bed at his house.

"What do you think?" He asked rolling on his side to look at me.

"This one is comfortable but I like the other one better." I said looking over at him. He didn't say anything but he was looking at me like he was trying to figure something out. I wanted to look away but at the same time I didn't want too. I rolled on my side and he still didn't look away. At first I didn't notice he had started to lean in until I realized I was about to also. I snapped out of it and sat up not looking at Brantley. This can't happen to us not Brantley and I to many boy/girl best friends try to date and end up losing each other. I can't lose Brantley too.

"I'm sorry Angel. I, never mind." Brantley said plopping on his back. I still didn't say anything I just sat there repeating the word no in my head. I looked at Brantley and he had his hands covering his face. It wasn't Brantley's fault and I wasn't mad at him I just don't want to hurt him.

"I'm not mad BrantBear. We just cant.." I said looking away from him before he looked at me.

"I get it. We should get goin." Brantley said getting up. Great now he's mad at me, ugh! I got up and followed him downstairs.

"We'll see you later mama. We're gonna get goin." Brantley said to Becky.

"Alright baby. Thank y'all for stoppin by." Becky said hugging Brantley then me.

"I'll see ya later Mrs. Becky." I said hugging her.

"Don't be a stranger Carter Mae!" She said pointing a finger at me.

"I won't . I promise." I said walking outside. I went ahead and got in the truck and waited for Brantley. He came outside like two minutes later and got in without saying anything to me. He hates me now wonderful. I'm such an idiot.