Chapter Fourty Four

"Brantley!" Carter yelled from upstairs. Brantley didn't freak out and run upstairs but he did stop what he was doing and went up to see what Carter needed.

"What is it, Angel?" Brantley asked leaniing against the door way of thier bedroom.

Carter turned around and looked at him with her bottom lip poked out, "I'm fat! I just wanna wear my tank top but I can't cause my belly hangs out the bottom of it." She said with a sad look in her eyes.

Brantley crossed the room and went over to his dresser and pulled out his gray camo tanktop and walked over to Carter. He kissed her softly before putting his shirt in her hands, "Wear this one. It looks amazing on you anyways." Brantley said.

Carter looked down and smiled big when she realized which shirt he had given her to wear, "You know this one is my favorite!" Carter said wrapping her arms around Brantley.

Brantley chuckled and hugged her back, "You're welcome Angel. Now finish getting yourself ready we've got a very important date in an hour." Brantley said putting his hands on both sides of Carter's baby bump. Today they get to find out the sex of their baby. Brantley swears up and down that he wants a little girl but whenever they go to the store he's always looking at the boys clothes. Carter wants a little boy for her first child mainly because she never had an older brother growing up and it was always something she felt every little girl should have.

An hour later Brantley and Carter pulled up to the doctors office. Brantley put his hand on Carter's thigh and rubbed small circles with his thumb, "Are you excited baby?" He asked.

Carter nodded, "I'm excited but nervous. I don't know why I'm nervous we already know that there's just one baby in there." That was their biggest fear even though neither of them had actually admitted to it but they were terrified at the thought of twins.

"It's gonna be just fine, Angel. We're gonna go in here find out what our little bug is and then we can start picking out names." Brantley said trying to calm Carter's nerves.

Carter inhaled and exhaled, "You're right babe. I'm just letting these built up pregnancey emotions get to me." She said. The morning sickness hadn't been to bad, the cravings weren't terrible, but being sex crazed and overly emotional were the two strong points. The other day all Brantley did was look at Carter a certain way and she had literally jumped him right there in the living room.

Brantley lightly patted Carter's thigh, "Let's go Angel." He said. They went inside and got checked in and took a seat. People were starring but they had pretty much gotten over the stares. Carter noticed a little boy probably no older than three sitting beside his mother with the hugest grin on his face. Brantley wasn't paying attention because he was playing Deer Hunter 2014 on his phone. She tapped his knee and he looked over at her. Carter nodded towards the little boy and watched Brantley's gaze fall on him. He smiled and waved at the boy. The boy jumped up in his seat and pointed at Brantley, "Dat's Bwantwey Giwbewt!" the little boy yelled. Everyone chuckled and the boys mother put him down on the floor and let him run over to Brantley.

"Hi!" The little boy said standing in front of Brantley.

Brantley smiled and leaned down in his seat, "Hey there big guy, what's your name?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm Justin." He said with a small giggle.

"It's nice to meet you Justin. Does your mama let you listen to my music?" Brantley asked glancing over at the woman. The woman nodded and Justin ran back over to his mother and pointed at Brantley again, "Dat's sissies huspand." Justin said.

The woman laughed, "My teenage daughter is in love with you and calls you her husband." The woman explained. Carter watched the smirk on Brantley's face grow he finds it flattering that girls find him so attractive.

"Ashame she couldn't be here." Brantley said.

"Oh she is! Her and her boyfriend are seeing their little boy for probably the last time until he borns." The woman told them.

Carter smiled and placed a hand on her stomach thinking about that last doctors visit. Right as Brantley was about to say something the woman's daughter walked out into the waiting room and her gaze immediantly fell on Brantley and her hands flew up to her mouth. Brantley stood up and walked over to the girl and her boyfriend. Carter could see them talking and she watched the girl hand her boyfriend her phone. Her and Brantley posed for a picture; he put his hand on her baby bump and she put her hand over his. Carter had no problems with fans that weren't ignorant towards her like she wasn't supposed to be Brantley but there were very few fans like that.

"Carter Sanders?" The nurse called out. Carter stood up and Brantley said his goodbyes before going to Carter's side and lacing their fingers together.

The nurse gave them a run down of the visit and checked all the usual stuff before leaving them be before the doctor came in.

Carter turned towards Brantely, "I know you've said it a million times that you want a little girl but I know you want a little boy." She said.

Brantley sighed and shook his head, "At first I did want a baby girl but then I got to thinkin about everything that goes on with a girl and I don't feel like going to jail so I want a boy who can handle all that mess for me and I'll just be there as back up." Brantley said.

Carter laughed because she knew he was serious, "I want a baby boy first because I think every little girl should have a big brother."

Brantley raised an eyebrow at Carter, "You want more than one?" He asked. They had never really full discussed the topic of children.

Carter smiled, "I want at least two. If we have more then so be it but two is my number." Carter said.

Brantley nodded, "Two is good but just not as far apart as me and Kolby. Three years apart is good."

There was a knock on the door and the doctor walked in, "Good afternoon." He greeted them.

"Good afternoon." Brantley and Carter said in unison.

The docter went over the basics and what he would be looking for before he instructed Carter to lay back and lift her shirt. He put the gel on her belly as Brantley stoof up and took Carter's hand in his. The doctor moved the wand around Carter's belly until he found the right position of the baby.

"There's your baby, would you like to know what you're having?" The doctor asked looking over at them.

"We wanna know." Brantley said not taking his eyes off the screen.

"Well, there's a head, two hands, two feet, and there's your little boy! Congratulations?" The doctor said.

Carter squeezed Brantley's hand and he looked at her before kissing her forehead and turning back to the screen, "Would you like to hear his heartbeat?" The doctor asked.

"Yes please. "Carter said. The doctor nodded and flipped a switched on the machine. The room was soon filled with the sound of a strong and steady heartbeat. Tears brimmed Carter's eyes as she just listened to the sound of her sons heart beating. It was beautiful and almost unreal. The sounded was turned off much too soon and the appointment was over. They were handed pictures of their baby boy and left alone so Carter could get cleaned up. They walked outside and Brantley scooped Carter up in his arms and carried her to the truck.

"What're you doing?" She asked wrapping her arms around him.

"Practicing." Brantley said simply.

"For what?" Carter asked.

Brantley simply shrugged and placed Carter in the truck, "Our wedding day." He said before closing her door and walking around to his side of the truck and getting in.