Chapter Thirty Two; Brantley Please Don't

**Brantley's P.O.V**

I pulled up to Potts farm and went straight to our spot hoping that's where Carter would be parked. I rode through the field and saw her truck sitting there. I pulled up beside her and she had her head on her steering wheel like she had been crying. I quickly got out of my truck and went over to Carter's opening her door and she jumped.

"It's only me Angel." I said calming her down. She hadn't looked at me which is weird.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked putting my hand on her thigh. Carter slowly turned to look at me revealing a red mark on her face that was beginning to bruise. I could feel my blood boiling Jack hit my Angel.

"I'm gonna beat his ass." I growled.

"It wasn't Jack." Carter said barely above a whisper. It couldn't have been Diane, could it?

"Who did it?" I asked not taking my eyes off her.

"Jackson." Carter said and then looked away from me.

"You went to see Jackson? You lied to me." I said feeling hurt and betrayed.

"No! No, that's not it at all. I went to Jack and Diane's. There was a black Honda accord sitting in the driveway and I just figured it was one of their friends. I went inside and they were criticizing me like always. I told them I just wanted to get the talking over with and they brought Jackson in the room. I ran out of the house but I locked my truck so when I was getting my keys Jackson grabbed me and I couldn't break free of his grip. I made him angry i told him you and I slept together and he slapped me. I swear to you Brantley I did not go see Jackson. I had no idea he was there I wouldn't have gone if he was there." Carter said telling me the whole story.

"I gotta take care of something. Go home or to my house. I'll be back later." I said to mad to even really talk right now.

"Brantley please don't. I just want you. I want my boyfriend to hold me close to him. Please don't leave." Carter begged. I sighed knowing it's what she wanted but I had to go.

"I'm sorry angel. I've got to. I love you." I said and kissed her cheek.

"I love you too." Carter said with the smallest smile I've ever seen on her.

"I'm sorry." I said apologizing before hand. Carter nodded and started her truck I backed away and closed her door. I watched her pull away and I got in my truck following her to the end of the dirt driveway. Carter went right back to the houses and I went left to go find that asshole who cheated on my angel and hit her. It's gonna feel good to beat this assholes face in. I went straight to Jack and Diane's house and there was that's pricks car still sitting in the driveway. I laid on my horn and the three of them came out of the house. I got out of truck and pointed at Jackson.

"Your ass is gonna be in the ground when I'm done with you." I growled at him.

"Brantley just go on. You're not welcome here." Jack said.

"I wouldn't be here if he didn't hit Carter." I said glancing at Jack then looking back at Jackson.

"It was a mistake. He's on human." Diane said defending him.

"Why are you defending this asshole? He's done nothing but hurt Carter and you want him in her life?" I asked not understanding this whole thing.

"Jackson can take Carter places in life. What can you do? Spoil her with your money? Turn her into a house wife so she doesn't have to lift a finger? Carter needs to know that you have to work to get where you want to be in life." Diane said.

"I'd never hold Carter back like that. If there's something she wants to do then I'm gonna let her do it. I'd sure as he'll never cheat on her or slap her." I said. I'm not going to let them make me feel like trash.

"And then you'll go get drunk and forget about it. You're no good for our Carter and you know it." Diane said.

"I've been sober for two years. I'm the best thing for Carter and you three need to stay out of it or she'll never be happy." I said walking back to my truck. I had every intention of coming here and beating Jackson's face into the ground but now I'm second guessing myself on just about everything. Am I really no good for Carter?