Chapter One; Coming Home

"Holy shit Carter! You need to drive faster I miss your face! It's been two years since I've seen you!" My cousin Sarah yelled through the phone.

"Calm your tits! I'm in Savannah now I'll be there in four hours." I said lookin to make sure there weren't any cops. Talking on the phone and driving is illegal and I don't need a ticket.

"Ugh! It's sooo freakin long! Why did you have to Savannah first anyways?" Sarah asked.

"I wanted to drive through home first. Ten years is a long damn time." I said. My dad died when I was fourteen so I moved to Maysville, GA with my aunt, uncle, and my cousin Sarah. I hadn't gone back to Savannah since until today anyways.

"I always told you to drive through but you never listened to me." Sarah said.

"Yeah yeah. See you in four hours. Love ya babez." I said.

"Love ya too babygirl." Sarah said and hung up. I tossed my phone into the passengers seat and just drove. I had the radio on but I wasn't really paying attention to what was on. No matter how many times you've looked at everything in Georgia you still look at it anyways. When I got to Maysville I stopped at the gas station to get a soda and ice cream for Sarah and I. I was debating on what kind of ice cream to get when I heard a familiar Georgia boy say my name from behind me.

"Carter Sanders." He said. I turned around with a smile on my face.

"Brantley Gilbert." I said smiling and putting my hands on my hips.

"Bout time you brought your ass back home." He said pulling me into a hug.

"I know, I know. I leave for two years and everyone has a heart attack." I said being a smartass.

"Nice to see you haven't changed a bit." Brantley said letting go of me.

"Same for you except for that sick arm piece." I said pulling on his arm to look at his tattoo.

"Yeah. I got it finished about two months ago." Brantley said looking at me looking at his arm.

"I got one too." I said pulling my hair up. "Pull the neck of my shirt down." I said pointing to it. Brantley did as I told him too. I have a heart that's shaded as the rebel flag with angel wings coming out the sides.

"It's fits you." Brantley said letting go of my shirt. I let my hair fall back down and turned around to look at Brantley.

"I thought so. You're the only one that knows I got it." I said being truthful.

"Afraid Jack and Diana are gonna kill ya?" Brantley asked.

"Hell yeah. They hate tattoos. That's why I'm glad Sarah and I have our own place." I said realizing I just told Brantley my secret.

"Own place? You ain't leavin again?" He asked cocking an eyebrow.

"Well now that I just told you the big secret, yeah I am." I said smiling.

"Good. Sarah bitches about ya bein gone all the damn time." Brantley said. I was about to say something when my phone started to ring.

"Speaking of." I said showing him Sarah was calling. I answered the phone with a simple hello and she yelled at me.

"Where the hell are you? You said four hours!" Sarah yelled.

"I know. I stopped at the store and ran into an old friend." I said looking at Brantley.

"So you're in Maysville? Get your ass home! Tell your friend that your cousins more important." Sarah said.

"Hey, Sarah said she's more important then you." I said to Brantley who chuckled and shock his head.

"Get your ass home! Love ya!" Sarah said hanging up.

"Alright let me get this ice cream and get goin before she has a cow." I said giggling.

"Alright. I'll see you around." Brantley said giving me another hug.

I said bye and went back to picking out ice cream. I finally decided on Chocolate Fudge Brownie, paid, and made the fifteen minute drive to home. There was a new driveway about five minutes down the road that wasn't there two years ago. Guess someone wanted piece and quiet. I turned into the driveway of mine and Sarah's house; before I could even barely get out of the truck she attacked me with a bone crushing hug.

"Bitch! I missed you sooo much! No more leaving for two years!" She yelled at me. Sarah yells a lot just because she likes to be loud.

"I'm sorry I missed you too, but I brought ice cream and movies." I said smiling.

"Not tonight. We're takin the wheelers muddin out at Potts Farm for your welcome home party." Sarah said smiling.

"Oh how I missed mudding. I can't wait!" I said clapping my hands.

"Everyone's gonna be there. I got us matching bikini's and daisy dukes. That we ARE wearing!" She said yelling the last part.

"Alright alright. What time?" I asked.

"An hour." Sarah said.

"Well shit! Let's get ready!" I said yelling this time. We both laughed and ran inside.